Saddest rock songs evr.

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Baltimucho
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by Baltimucho »

Creepy: What Old 97s album has that song "Holy Cross"?
creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by creepy »

it's not an album track... i knew a girl that was friends with them and she gave me (err, left at my house) a tape with a buncha acoustic and unreleased stuff on it... that was probably 10 years ago, and that tape is loooong lost... it was a great tape too... i do however have an mp3 of it... send me a pm with yr email addy and i'll send it to ya...
otherwise, as far as i can tell it's only available on a comp. of dallas bands... here's a link to it... http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... ktk6dxykrk
trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by trainwreck2 »

its on too far to demo which is technically Ranchero Brothers (Rhett and Murray only) as well as the Sunny Teriaki... comp
If youre an Old 97s fan look for any recordings you can of Ranchero Brothers.
creepy wrote:it's not an album track... i knew a girl that was friends with them and she gave me (err, left at my house) a tape with a buncha acoustic and unreleased stuff on it... that was probably 10 years ago, and that tape is loooong lost... it was a great tape too... i do however have an mp3 of it... send me a pm with yr email addy and i'll send it to ya...
otherwise, as far as i can tell it's only available on a comp. of dallas bands... here's a link to it... http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... ktk6dxykrk
WalterCracker
GLONO Board Playa

Post by WalterCracker »

Love of my life - Queen

Who wants to live forever - Queen
Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Maarten »

nina nastasia-songs are often quite sad, same counts for aimee mann.
lou reed; sad song, would be an obvious pick. but it's probably less sad than some other songs on the very downspirited berlin-album.
my favourite sad-albums however are 'songs of leonard cohen' and 'the boatman's call' by nick cave. i also love to listen to magnetic fields or the 6ths, which show a more light and fun type of melancholy.
hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Post by hebrew hammer »

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips »

I submit "Just Like Heaven" by the Cure. So great.
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

'Mary' by Oingo Boingo. So sad...
Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Sven Killer Robot Spacema »

"Tomorrow Wendy" by Concrete Blonde is a real toe-tappin' party starter.
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

"Wildfire" by Michael Martin Murphey. I'm told that as a little boy, I used to listen to this song and weep. Just totally falling apart sobbing.