ANARCHY AND CHAOS

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

ANARCHY AND CHAOS

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:26 am

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:36 am

Thank you.

skyflynn
GLONO Board Playa

Postby skyflynn » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:41 am

I miss SCTV. Thank you!

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:14 pm

I am an Antichrist!
I am an anarchist!

Who the the balls today to stand up and yell that?

It's still shocking after all these years. Maybe even more so today, in Bush's post-9/11 locked-down America.

I'm Mixmaster Shecky, and I approve of this message.

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:57 pm

In fact, this lead to the "Bloody Queen" came just after having found "Panik,"
by the old French punk group Métal Urbain (they've just made a new record
with Jello Biafra, by the way).
It's pretty funny to compare.
Especially funny is the ending of the MU vid.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o_HMXbk3g08" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MZswXjqRsU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:22 pm

meh. the sex pistols have always seemed so fake to me. the whole "anarchist/antichrist" thing just screams out "i'm dangerous!" in the way that marilyn manson or a jr. high faux suicide attempt would. maybe it's my personal distaste for johnny rotten or the fact that i knew coming in that they were assembled by malcolm mclaren the same way the backstreet boys were, just instead of selling their sex appeal, he was selling their "dangerous" punk rock personas. give me the clash any day of the week.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:11 pm

Yeah, I know, I know. The ol' Backstreet Boys comparison - but I don't care. It's still a ballsy thing to say, even if you're just posing.

DavidMac
GLONO Board Playa

Liar

Postby DavidMac » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:19 pm

The boy band image is the Malcolm McLaren mythology of the Sex Pistols that has grown out of control over the years.
For the other side of the story(and I believe the much more factual side) you need to watch the Filth and Fury- the Johnny Rotten response to Malcolm.
At the very least the archived footage will show that the Sex Pistols were an amazing live band with the original lineup.
Its hard to match the charisma and writing ability of a young Johnny Rotten- almost all punk bands pale badly in comparision.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: Liar

Postby worpswede » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:40 pm

DavidMac wrote:you need to watch the Filth and Fury- the Johnny Rotten response to Malcolm.
At the very least the archived footage will show that the Sex Pistols were an amazing live band with the original lineup.

This is a great documentary, probably the first that shows Rotten with a little bit of humanity.
For anyone not familiar with SCTV, the box sets are great, particularly Vol 2. & 3. Netflix the fuckers if you ain't buying it.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: Liar

Postby miss carol » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:04 pm

worpswede wrote:This is a great documentary, probably the first that shows Rotten with a little bit of humanity.

Agreed. Great film. And I'll have to disagree slightly with thinsafetypin's complete dismissal. But I do understand your point.

Return to “Rants and Raves”