Jeff Tweedy at Vicar St

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

WalterCracker
GLONO Board Playa

Jeff Tweedy at Vicar St

Post by WalterCracker »

Was anyone else at the concert on Wednesday night? Drunken people shouting out requests like the guy's a fcuking jukebox!

Outside of a really enjoyable concert I thought the way he handled the audience absolutely brilliant.
BeaArthur5-49
GLONO Board Playa

Re: Jeff Tweedy at Vicar St

Post by BeaArthur5-49 »

WalterCracker wrote:I thought the way he handled the audience absolutely brilliant.
What'd he do?? I've never seen him solo, but I know from many Wilco shows that he sort of rolls his eyes and drawls somethings like "yeah, yeah, we'll get to the favorites..." Was it any different?
WalterCracker
GLONO Board Playa

Post by WalterCracker »

He just seemed to handle the crowd really well. He made various jokes about how he a list of songs that he wanted to play and that he was going to play them.

Then someone called out for "Jesus, etc" and he said he couldn't keep time very well but he'd give it a go (which got the crowd to clapping along).

Then he agreed to play another song that someone called out (can't remember what exactly) but only after getting them to agree to never shout out requests at a gig again because someone performers were a shy and couldn't handle the pressure ;-)