This is not a paid advertisement for SPIN

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby russ » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:44 pm

Tom4 wrote:Not to hijack the thread, but us Big-Applers (including the surrounding area) should gather for a GloNo conference somewhere in Gotham.

Count me in!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:55 pm

Neither of you bastards made it to our last (and only) GLONO meet-up in New York back on Friday, Sept 16, 2005. And we're still mad. You would've had all the free drinks you can handle, too. Because that's how we roll... But no. You missed it. So fuuuuuck you, New York.

We do appreciate all the folks who did make it out that night! But Tom and Russ -- find a dirty stick and use it!

(I'm just kidding. Pretty much.)

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:03 pm

I know, Jake, I know. I think at the time I was living in Mount Olive, which is on the border of PA and like 2 hours away from the Tunnel let alone Brooklyn which is, like, another planet. I'm only a hop and a skip out of Midtown now, though. So come on back.

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:53 pm

klosterman got canned. it was a sad day, to be sure.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:07 pm

What's sort of amusing is, everyone wants to bust on SPIN, but this thread has received more traffic in one day than most threads I've seen here in months.

Oh... SPIN, we just hate the establishment... we'd all love to talk to the establishment... so that it hears us when we say we hate it.

ha, ha.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:10 pm

Jake wrote:Neither of you bastards made it to our last (and only) GLONO meet-up in New York back on Friday, Sept 16, 2005. And we're still mad. You would've had all the free drinks you can handle, too. Because that's how we roll... But no. You missed it. So fuuuuuck you, New York.

We do appreciate all the folks who did make it out that night! But Tom and Russ -- find a dirty stick and use it!

(I'm just kidding. Pretty much.)

Um, no, you didn't have a meet-up in New York, you had one in Brooklyn, which is to say, you may as well have had it in Boston.

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:48 pm

thinsafetypin wrote:klosterman got canned. it was a sad day, to be sure.

I used to read Spin solely for his articles, but know that he's gone there's no point. Every few issues there will be a decent article, but most of the time it's pretty shit-tastic. I still take a quick look at it every time I see a new one in hope there will be a good article, but there almost never is.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:59 pm

Chris G wrote:.

Um, no, you didn't have a meet-up in New York, you had one in Brooklyn, which is to say, you may as well have had it in Boston.

Actually, we stayed in Manhattan. Yes, the show was in Brooklyn, but please...

Stacey K
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Stacey K » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:04 pm

miss carol wrote:I'll try to remember to do my own little non-scientfic exit poll with customers: "Do you read Spin? What do you like about the mag you bought? How would it compare?" That sort of thing; the most questions I can ask while ringing in the purchase. Now you've got me thinking...not always a good thing. :)

That would be awesome - thanks, MC! Lemme know what happens.

A NY meet-up would be great, even if Brooklyn is totally unsexy. And speaking of indie snob revelry, where are some Black and Orange Ball pics already? Wasn't anyone sober enough to fire a flash?

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:10 pm

Stacey K wrote:
a flash?

Since yer dad walked out yer mom could use a guy like me

Return to “Rants and Raves”