Van Halen

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Van Halen

Postby trainwreck2 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:02 pm

no one has mentioned....
http://www.nme.com/news/van-eddie-halen/26041
personally i think david and eddie are gonna be a zombie fest to beat the stones mick and keith (collectively 4 of the ugliest guys in music)

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: Van Halen

Postby worpswede » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:12 pm

trainwreck2 wrote:no one has mentioned....

Predicted!
And thanks Eddie: you can't put the bullshit aside to get Anthony on bass? So, let me get this straight: I'm expected to shell out $100 a ticket to see 3/4 of the original lineup and watch a teenager play bass?

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:43 pm

BloodshotBaby
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby BloodshotBaby » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:17 pm

"To me, it's not rocket surgery."

awesome.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:34 pm

I'd watch this on pay per view.

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby n8 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:16 pm

What a dumbass!! wrote:"To me, it's not rocket surgery."

faaaannnntastic.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:36 pm

"Water under the dam." That's priceless. You can't pay people to write stuff that good.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Tim » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:53 am

worpswede wrote:Predicted!
And thanks Eddie: you can't put the bullshit aside to get Anthony on bass? So, let me get this straight: I'm expected to shell out $100 a ticket to see 3/4 of the original lineup and watch a teenager play bass?

Yeah, you know tickets will be at least that much. When they toured with Sammy a couple years ago, tickets started at $100 in the shitty upper level seats. Now with Dave finally back, I bet they ring that price up even higher.

Why is Michael Anthony not involved in this? I mean if Eddie can make "peace" with Dave, why not Anthony, who I always thought was the probably the least egotistical person in the band?

I think I might have to go to this....if they can make it to Chicago, before they break up again!

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:47 pm

Tim wrote:Why is Michael Anthony not involved in this? I mean if Eddie can make "peace" with Dave, why not Anthony, who I always thought was the probably the least egotistical person in the band?

This is the shit that I pieced together:
During the last reunion tour (with Sammy on vocals), Eddie worked out a deal for Michael Anthony to be paid as a hired gun instead of a full band member. Anthony agreed to take it up the ass because he thought that it might be the last time V.H. toured and that he didn't want to "disappoint the fans."
Ticket prices were outrageous. Eddie started drinking again. Many venues had open seats.
Sammy starts running his mouth about Eddie's drinking and general lack of professionalism on the last tour. Michael joins in a little bit, talking about his shitty pay and by going on the road with Sammy.
This pissed Eddie off.
There also some drama about Eddie being pissed about the "outside Van Halen" ventures like Sammy's tequila and Michael's hot sauce. I'm not really sure why that would make him mad since Eddie has done a bunch of business stuff (Kramer now Fender guitars, Peavey amps, etc) that used the notoriety from Van Halen to promote other ventures.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:02 pm

Uh Oh!

The reunion is off!

February 27, 2007 -- THE fabled Van Halen reunion tour set for this summer has been derailed, thanks to a new set of ego clashes within the always-troubled band. David Lee Roth was to have hit the road with Eddie Van Halen for the first time since 1984, but concert promoter Live Nation has "shut down" the tour, says the L.A. Times. Roth told the paper: "We have fragile politics in Van Halen, please accept that as a partial answer." Roth's publicist told us she couldn't comment.

Return to “Rants and Raves”