Van Halen

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:22 pm

id bet that the old Van Hagar wouldve been better than Geriatric Van Halen, a time and a place man

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:38 am

trainwreck2 wrote:id bet that the old Van Hagar wouldve been better than Geriatric Van Halen, a time and a place man

Dude, them's fightin' words! Fuck Van Hagar. That shit was an abomination. That's like saying Black Sabbath is better with Dio. And we all know that that is total complete utter bullshit.

Oh, and speaking of Dio....I finally saw Tenacious D, In the pick of Destiny last night. What a crap movie. My god it was worse than I thought a movie could be.

michaelvincent
GLONO Board Playa

Postby michaelvincent » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:24 pm

That's like saying Black Sabbath is better with Dio.

Hey now, Heaven and Hell was a pretty good album. And considering the shape Sabbath was in at that point with Ozzy, they could have done much, much worse. In fact they did...they eventually went on to make an album with Ian Gillan that was pretty craptacular, as well as most of the Tony Martin-era stuff.

As for Van Halen...well, anyone who would have gone to those shows expecting anything more than a trainwreck was severely fooling themselves. I would have been first in line to the Boston show myself, being a fan of band disarray and dysfuntion. Especially at the Van Halen level.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:09 pm

michaelvincent wrote: Hey now, Heaven and Hell was a pretty good album. And considering the shape Sabbath was in at that point with Ozzy, they could have done much, much worse. In fact they did...they eventually went on to make an album with Ian Gillan that was pretty craptacular, as well as most of the Tony Martin-era stuff.

As for Van Halen...well, anyone who would have gone to those shows expecting anything more than a trainwreck was severely fooling themselves. I would have been first in line to the Boston show myself, being a fan of band disarray and dysfuntion. Especially at the Van Halen level.

Don't even bother trying to convince Sugarcubes that Heaven & Hell was a good effort. His lack of tolerance for Dio is well documented. Just raise the devil horns high and giggle when he tries to pursuade you how Stick Around For Joy was decent.
Rumor heard on the way to see Broken West last night:
Alex and Eddie are not planning to show up to Van Halen's induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
That means that Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth would be present to accept to honor while the band's namesake(s) are absent.
Any ounce of tolerance for that band is quickly diminishing.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Thu May 22, 2008 2:31 am

bump

Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Maarten » Thu May 22, 2008 6:42 am

random fact to justify your bump; i live 2 streets away from where alex and eddie grew up. not a very rock n roll neighbourhood, mind you.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu May 22, 2008 10:21 am

Maarten wrote:random fact to justify your bump; i live 2 streets away from where alex and eddie grew up. not a very rock n roll neighbourhood, mind you.

You should take a photo of their childhood home!

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Thu May 22, 2008 12:58 pm

I beez knowin' a homie who saw the show last night in CT.
Eddie reported to be in good shape physically and played well.
Roth forgot the lyrics to several songs.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:Roth forgot the lyrics to several songs.

So it's like a classic-era Van Halen show... Sweet!

Return to “Rants and Raves”