Potentially Awesome Films Start Filming?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Potentially Awesome Films Start Filming?

Postby Tom4 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:40 am

Appears as if Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited and Charlie Kaufman's Synecdoche have both started fliming. Darjeeling seems like typical Wes, Synecdoche just seems flat out bizarre.

From IMDB on Darjeeling: The death of their father sends three brothers on a journey through India. (starring: Jason Schwartzmann, Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, Bill Murray, Natalie Portman, co-written, oddly, by Schwartzmann).

And on Kaufman's new film stars Philip Seymour Hoffman as a playwright who's dying and has failed at work and in relationships and writes a play of his entire life, casting people to play himself and everyone he's ever known and stalk him, or something like that. Who knows.

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:57 pm

Plus the Avalanches' follow up to Since I Left Youis finally coming out! This year is off to a truly cream-tastic start.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:33 pm

Thanks, Tom. I look forward to the Kauffman picture. Motherless in Brooklyn is in production, too, based on the novel by Jonathan Letham, written, directed, and starring (whew) Edward Norton. I love Norton, but man that's a lot to bite off and chew. We shall see...

skyflynn
GLONO Board Playa

Postby skyflynn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:28 pm

That would be Motherless Brooklyn and Edward Norton will give the perfect blend of pathos and strength in his performance, I would expect. I agree folks, lots to look forward to.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:52 pm

skyflynn wrote:That would be Motherless Brooklyn and Edward Norton will give the perfect blend of pathos and strength in his performance, I would expect. I agree folks, lots to look forward to.

Ack! Yes, I keep leaving in the "in." Thanks for the fix.

Tonight is all about Children of Men based on the novel by P.D. James (add to list). A couple of weeks ago, I saw the spectactular Pan's Labyrinth. Soon, I will need to see something stupid and funny.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:38 pm

because i said so is your typical date movie, but it's funny as hell. and plus it s stars the hot, hot mandy moore.

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:56 pm

miss carol wrote:Tonight is all about Children of Men based on the novel by P.D. James (add to list). A couple of weeks ago, I saw the spectactular Pan's Labyrinth. Soon, I will need to see something stupid and funny.

Fuck yeah, I just saw Children of Men last night and it is just an amazing film. Clive Owen is brilliant. I really need to read the James novel as well.

beginthebegin
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby beginthebegin » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:47 pm

I second the kudos for Children of Men -- my favorite movie in a while. Really brilliant. The three long, cutless shots are incredible.

Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Maarten » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:20 pm

i saw 'notes on a scandal' last evening, which was excellent. it's a black comedy with brilliant performances by cate blanchett and judi dench.

as for films not out yet, the ones i'm looking forward to that i can think of are 'eastern promises' (new david cronenberg), 'sweeney todd' (new tim burton), 'control' (the movie about ian curtis by anton corbijn), 'die päpstin' (new volker schlöndorff) and sin city 2 ('07/'08?)
also i haven't seen 'pan's labyrinth' and 'inland empire' yet.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:52 pm

I'm also looking forward to Inland Empire, but I've heard confusing things about its release. Neither the film website or Lynch's site provide immediate info.

Thursday is Children of Men. It got postponed by a big bag of clothes, a bottle of red wine, and Anchorman.

Notes on a Scandal is on my list, too.

Return to “Rants and Raves”