I Don't Care How Uncool This Is....

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Barabajagal » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:12 pm

I think like many bands their best songs are the ones that got played. More great riffs than good songs.

"Fell on Black Days" is really ingenious--if you don't listen to the words too close. Cornell's got pipes but damn is his shit corny.

They're probably pretty badass live though!

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Barabajagal » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:17 pm

I can't call you a dork for liking Soundgarden, or I'll join you in the Dorkstakes, because I think STP has a bunch of cool tunes!

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Tom4 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:25 pm

Barabajagal wrote:I can't call you a dork for liking Soundgarden, or I'll join you in the Dorkstakes, because I think STP has a bunch of cool tunes!
Thanks, barabs! I like some STP too. "Interstate Love Song" -- great tune.

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by n8 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:23 pm

Tom4 wrote:
Thanks, barabs! I like some STP too. "Interstate Love Song" -- great tune.
hey, hey, what can i say? i was an alt-rock guy!

Soundgarden's Down on the Upside is a great record (have it on vinyl). Their Singles collection is also totally fucking awesome, and screw anyone who says otherwise!

I also used to be a monstrous STP fan, but now less so, even though I still enjoy their first few records.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Post by grounded5am » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:58 pm

Tom4 wrote: And I'm curious as to your thoughts on Cornell's solo album (I hope his new one, which comes out in the coming months, is as good).
not sure if this directed at everyone in general or not, but i'll chime in. i have much respect for euphoria morning and i really, really liked it. there were quite a few really good songs on there. it's a big reason as to why i am getting excited about his new one due out in may (may 1st to be exact).

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by worpswede » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:57 pm

Fuck the haters: Soundgarden ruled. Superunknown and Badmotorfinger are great examples of thinkin' metal. Some of the earlier stuff (Ultramega OK and Louder Than Love) had a few duds, but they got their shit together and managed to come up with some pretty notable albums that will be remembered fondly.
Cornell has a helluva better range than Dokken...and better hair.
Soundgarden did a great cover of Devo's "Girl U Want" and Sab's "Into The Void."

beginthebegin
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by beginthebegin » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:40 am

Count me in. Soundgarden fucking rocks.