You give rock a bad name

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Kristy
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:54 am

Postby Kristy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:53 pm

Re Coldplay -- on Season 2 of Extras, Chris Martin guest stars as an overbearing conceited rock star (he's really funny), and he sings a song that's quite pretty ("When you try your best but you don't succeed/ when you get what you want but not what you need ... I will try to fix you.")

The melody is actually beautiful. I thinks to myself, maybe Coldplay are good and I never knew, having absorbed the sniggering attitude to them without questioning.

Or is it just one song?

Once after a movie, a beautiful song played under the credits and I sat mezmerized till the end and it turned out to be Coldplay.

Oh my god! I guess I like them.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus
Posts: 2628
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:11 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby steve-o » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:16 am

Kristy wrote:Re Coldplay

Oh my god! I guess I like them.


I like Coldplay. I was just trying to get people riled up. Of course, I should know by now my flamebaiting has nothing on Sven's.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1132
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: not sweden like some losers here!

Postby trainwreck2 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:35 pm

Kristy wrote: ("When you try your best but you don't succeed/ when you get what you want but not what you need ... I will try to fix you.")

i swear they stole that medley from Lita Ford (Went to a party last Saturday night, didnt get a break got in a fight,,,,)

Lurker01
Resident troll
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Lurker01 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:03 pm

steve-o wrote:Of course, I should know by now my flamebaiting has nothing on Sven's.


My shit was so hot, none of you could even tell I was a fabrication (much less which one of you I am)

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Jake » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:22 pm

trainwreck2 wrote:i swear they stole that medley from Lita Ford (Went to a party last Saturday night, didnt get a break got in a fight,,,,)

That's the radio version. The real version was: "Went to a party last Saturday night, didn't get LAID, got in a fight," which is obviously way better.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1616
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Just south of Stankonia

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:07 pm

steve-o wrote: my flamebaiting has nothing on Sven's.


I honestly believe everything I posted in this thread.
I really enjoy your posts Steve-O because you are my polar opposite, the anti-Sven if you will. That's why I always read your posts and find them intrigueing. Here's the deal.......
I like big floppy breasts. I take you for a small but perky man. But if I am wrong then there's common ground that can be found among all peoples. If you like big floppy breasts too then world peace isn't just a dream...it is truly within our grasp.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus
Posts: 2628
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:11 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby steve-o » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:24 am

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:
I honestly believe everything I posted in this thread.
I really enjoy your posts Steve-O because you are my polar opposite, the anti-Sven if you will. That's why I always read your posts and find them intrigueing. Here's the deal.......
I like big floppy breasts. I take you for a small but perky man. But if I am wrong then there's common ground that can be found among all peoples. If you like big floppy breasts too then world peace isn't just a dream...it is truly within our grasp.


Big floppy breasts are A-ok in my book. Cumbaya!

michaelvincent
GLONO Board Playa
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:42 pm
Contact:

Postby michaelvincent » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:36 am

We're missing one incredibly important band here...

Stryper

steve-o
Zombie Jesus
Posts: 2628
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:11 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby steve-o » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:28 am

michaelvincent wrote:We're missing one incredibly important band here...

Stryper


I can't top that one.







...Kenny Loggins.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1792
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:43 pm
Location: (((IOWA)))

Postby worpswede » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:57 am

steve-o wrote:I can't top that one.
...Kenny Loggins.

...But you were incredibly close!


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest