Alanis' Humps

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Alanis' Humps

Postby Jake » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:02 pm

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W91sqAs-_-g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

Why not? In light of Durst's melting, is there a new trend of otherwise annoying celebrities poking fun at their overly serious selves?

Previously: Sab reviews Alanis' Collection four years after admitting that he had "this thing for her."

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:35 pm

that's funny. she used to be one of the stars on you can't do that on television and would get slimed on lots of times. she wasn't always so serious, but then having uncle joey as your ex-boyfriend would make almost anyone serious. and seriously crazy. especially if you were dating uncle joey when you're still a 14-15 year old.

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:02 pm

this had the exact opposite effect on me from the fred durst video. while the durst one showed me a side of a previously unreemable musician that made me think "hey, i could maybe hang out with this guy and not want to kick him in the teeth at the end of the day," this video moved alanis from the "mildly annoying" to "unbelievably annoying" category in my book. give me nina gordon's "straight outta compton" or ben folds' "bitches ain't shit" any day over this one.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:18 pm

thinsafetypin wrote:a previously unreemable musician

Typo of the year!

dharmabum110
GLONO Board Playa

Postby dharmabum110 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:00 am

If we're talking on purely stylistic grounds, it's not a bad take on Fergie via Alanis.
The song doesn't match the video on a lyrical basis. But I get it.
I give the whole effort an 8.5 out of 10.

Anyway, what's the deal with Fergie; or more appropriately, the Fergie look? I can't wait until the present fashionable collective catches a meteor and burns up like the dinosaurs. Give me the old White Marilyn Monroe dress anyday over any fashion that's popular right now. I mean damn.
Call me old fashioned.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:52 pm

Yawn to both. I might have done the Alannis video, is just have the guys dragged out Fergie style. But that's old too.

I knew there was a reason I stopped watching MTV/Muchmusic

infectiousdisease
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby infectiousdisease » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:47 pm

This thread is awesome if only because it linked back to that Fred Durst video. It completely made my day.

I'm not sure how I missed it the first time...

Stacey K
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Stacey K » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm

infectiousdisease wrote:This thread is awesome if only because it linked back to that Fred Durst video. It completely made my day.

I'm not sure how I missed it the first time...

I also missed it the first time. But in the 6+ years since watching Limp Bizkit video projections at my school dances, I hadn't missed the slow chill that creeps down your spine when Fred looks directly into the camera. He's stealing your soul! Send the troops!

Return to “Rants and Raves”