Johnny Cash dont like disco?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Johnny Cash dont like disco?

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:34 am

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/10/cash.home.ap/

HENDERSONVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- Johnny Cash's longtime lakeside home, a showcase where he wrote much of his famous music and entertained U.S. presidents, music royalty and visiting fans, was destroyed by fire on Tuesday.

The property was purchased by Barry Gibb, a former member of the Bee Gees, in January 2006. Gibb and his wife, Linda, had said they planned to restore the home on Old Hickory Lake and hoped to write songs there. They had not yet moved in to the home, which they bought for a reported $2.3 million (euro1.71 million).

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Re: Johnny Cash dont like disco?

Postby steve-o » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:25 am

trainwreck2 wrote:Image

The property was purchased by Barry Gibb, a former member of the Bee Gees, in January 2006. Gibb and his wife, Linda, had said they planned to restore the home on Old Hickory Lake and hoped to write songs there. They had not yet moved in to the home, which they bought for a reported $2.3 million (euro1.71 million).

Geez Barry, it says it right on the bottle: hairspray is extremely flammable.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:22 pm

Arsonist from the grave, as Johnny says, "Live in my house? Over my dead body!"

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:42 am

isnt this the house that Johnny pretty much fought for? After a crazy bender while living with Waylon Jennings he wandered and found some guy building his dream house and Johnny KNEW it had to be his even though the guy didnt want to sell at all?
Course Johnny was a nice guy so i dont think he did it...
I think Johnny Knoxville ownes the cabin where one of the American albums was done.

Return to “Rants and Raves”