Icky Thump

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

HOPELESSHOMO

Postby HOPELESSHOMO » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:29 am

i haven't cared about these guys in a long time, but they haven't actually pissed me off until now. finally frat boys everywhere will be able to not feel like fags for listening to the white stripes. i could give a shit about the "tone" he gets out of his guitar when the song is complete frat rock crap.
i'll like it better when it ends up on one of those "kidz bop" comps.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:32 am

whoah! that's a tad harsh. i'll have to say i was never blown away by the white stripes at all, but i really dig the racontuers. yet when i heard that the new white stripes was recorded at blackbird studios i was intrigued. this will probably be the 2nd white stripes cd that i buy.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:57 am

It's kinda like if you threw "Ball and Biscuit" and "Party Of Special THings To Do" in a blender with an eight ball of coke and a theramin... it's really growing on me

HOPELESSHOMO

Postby HOPELESSHOMO » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:09 pm

amighty wrote: eight ball of coke and a theramin... it's really growing on me

except there's no theremin in the song.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:15 pm

that weird electrical grinding thing that it starts with kinda reminds me of one... but I meant to say "Theraflu" anyway

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:33 pm

HOPELESSHOMO wrote:i could give a shit about the "tone" he gets out of his guitar...

We know.

HOPELESSHOMO

Postby HOPELESSHOMO » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:45 pm

worpswede wrote:We know.

that was AWESOME!!!

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:20 pm

It rocks.

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Barabajagal » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:52 pm

HOPELESSHOMO wrote:i haven't cared about these guys in a long time, but they haven't actually pissed me off until now. finally frat boys everywhere will be able to not feel like fags for listening to the white stripes. i could give a shit about the "tone" he gets out of his guitar when the song is complete frat rock crap.
i'll like it better when it ends up on one of those "kidz bop" comps.

This is totally true...DUDE...After I listened to that fuckin Jack White jam, I went straight out, bought a baseball cap, put it on backwards, and kicked the shit out of some nearby homos just for gaying it up in my vicinity with their gay music.

It was just like the Nirvana days, bro! Nirvana always gets me so PUMPPPED for kickin homo ass!!! Yeah baby!!!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:44 pm

HOPELESSHOMO wrote:i could give a shit about the "tone" he gets out of his guitar when the song is complete frat rock crap.

Apparently, Jack has been listening to you... White Stripes Do Frat Rock on New Single:

September 10, XL Recordings will issue the single for the White Stripes' Icky Thump standout "You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do What You're Told)" in the UK. The B-side is the "Frat Rock Version" of the same song.

Ha!

Return to “Rants and Raves”