Calling All Destroyers

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Mon Apr 01, 2002 3:46 pm

Hey, I know that a couple of you GloNo lurkers caught the CAD show at the Radio in Grand Rapids back on March 22. What did ya'll think of that?

There's just something soooo entertaining about a Shriner in a wheelchair holding sparklers with one hand and himself with the other!

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:10 am

Scotty - - - -

I liked it a lot. They're a hell of a lot of fun. I would like to hear Mark's lyrics a bit more stripped down. Although, they have great music and Mark's antics are jawdropping, I'd still like to know what they're saying. . .

You know?

You may have left too early to catch the best show. One of Mark's friends tried to take on the last band, then ended up fighting two girls at the same time, then calmly discussing the events with bouncers, explaining that she "was attacked and simply attempting to defend herself."

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:37 am

Yeah, I heard about the girl fight. Did you know that she only has one leg?

Hey Prop, word has it that Tuesday night you were down at the NSYNC show at the arena. Fess-up man! Where's the big concert review for all us GloNo readers to argue over?

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:35 am

Yeah, I heard that too. I was double-impressed that she took on two women after I found that out.

Yeah, that show was FLY!!! Jon, Toni, Justin, and Blake rocked my skinny white ass hardcore. . .

Nah, actually I checked out the Guided By Voices show. Unfortunately, I don't have that much good to say about that one either.

They were drunk and monotonous. It was fun for the first five songs and then it just became a blur of Bob spinning his microphone and swilling back Miller Lite and the rhythm guitarist and bassist swilling back Jack Daniels and leaning on one another. First show I've opted to go to sleep over the encore ever. . .

Return to “Rants and Raves”