Stiff Little Fingers - Suspect Device

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

HOPELESSHOMO

Postby HOPELESSHOMO » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:09 am

since when did stiff little fingers fall through the cracks? it's not like they're obscure and unknown. they're one of the most well regarded and copied bands of the era.

also, why does ted leo, in that video, say, "it's by this band stiff little fingers". that's most condescending thing i've ever heard. implication being "i ted leo have discovered this band you probably don't know about yet called stiff little fingers. you'll soon discover how awesome they are after i turn you on to them"

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:35 am

If you would've seen Ted's crowd at Lollapalooza, you'd know why. I would imagine (and maybe this is just me condescending) that 80% of those people had never heard any Stiff Little Fingers.

I would argue that they are indeed obscure and unknown, not just to the majority of Ted Leo fans, but to the majority of music fans in general. Even geeks like us.

HOPELESSHOMO

Postby HOPELESSHOMO » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:14 pm

wanna hear something funny? i went to that double door after party on that Sat, and watched (in passing) ted leo play his entire set without knowing i was watching ted leo. i just kept looking at that bass player's FUCKED up hair, and then i asked Jen, "who was that" and she answered me, and then told me i was retarded. i just went to see the ponys.

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:27 am

Jake wrote:I would argue that they are indeed obscure and unknown, not just to the majority of Ted Leo fans, but to the majority of music fans in general. Even geeks like us.

I missed 'em. But I was in Alabama at the time.

Return to “Rants and Raves”