Random Thoughts

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Greenwood The Sock Monkey
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Greenwood The Sock Monkey »

Who keeps bankrolling movies starring Martin Lawrence? Seriously, what the fuck? Did the last twenty actually make five dollars between them?

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Post by jaimoe0 »

"Quell" is a great headline word. The double "l" saves you some space and it reads kinda' classy. "Turd burglar"? Not so much.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Post by grounded5am »

Greenwood The Sock Monkey wrote:Who keeps bankrolling movies starring Martin Lawrence? Seriously, what the fuck? Did the last twenty actually make five dollars between them?

what i want to know is who keeps bankrolling eddie murphy movies?

Josh B.
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Josh B. »

grounded5am wrote:

what i want to know is who keeps bankrolling eddie murphy movies?
They're bankrolled by Eddie Murphy in various costumes. That guy must be coated in spirit gum.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by jonas »

Greenwood The Sock Monkey wrote:Who keeps bankrolling movies starring Martin Lawrence? Seriously, what the fuck? Did the last twenty actually make five dollars between them?
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id ... house2.htm

You are asking the wrong question. The movies make money...but who the fuck is going to see them?

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Sven Killer Robot Spacema »

This thread now has 195 more replies than Russ's Aimee Mann thread.

stickman45
Cocksmith

Post by stickman45 »

is it really a "thread" if no one replies?

GLONO Board Maniac

stickman45 wrote:is it really a "thread" if no one replies?
You just did.

BloodshotBaby
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by BloodshotBaby »

i need a crash course in beer/drinks.

my dad said i can't order rum & coke anymore because it's an 'amateur' drink.

but it's so tasty.....

GLONO Board Maniac

Throwin' up is part of growin' up. When I was in my 20's I just drank everything. Never thought about it. I quit for a while. Now I pick my spots and use various strategies to avoid hangovers and vomiting.
Unfortunately the best strategy is moderation---which for me is 6 to 8 beers depending on alchohol content.
Rum and coke is not an embarrassing drink for a girl. But your teeth will start to hurt after about six regular cokes. And 6 diet cokes or more may cause your pancreas to malfunction
I find rum to be a much better buzz than vodka or whiskey. Rum is closer to wine in that respect. Wine is the ultimate buzz--but the worst hangover. In a bar why not try a chardonnay? People think it's a sissy drink but most are in the 13 percent alchohol range and pack a good buzz. One of my favorite beers which I think would appeal to females is this....http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/142/1946 The recipe includes bananas and apricots I think...tasty. Drinking at home with friends? Take an empty gallon water jug. Buy two 20 ounce ginger ales and two 20 ounce club sodas and a fifth of Bacardi(the regular clear kind). Add a little bit of each ingredient at a time---the ginger ale, the club soda and the rum. .rotating ingredients. You should use about three quarters of the rum and all the ginger ale and club soda to fill the gallon jug about 80 percent.. Then put the top and tight and carefully shake the contents up. If you fill it too much it's going to spew so be careful. Shake it slowly and thoroughly. Never stir. For the second round shake it up again. The ginger ale will help prevent hangovers. The club soda will cut down on the sweetness. And the rum will provde a nice buzz. ..