Fergie Today

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Sven Killer Robot Spacema »

I love to sing along with "Big Girls Don't Cry" in a thick latino accent bellowing
"I've got some fig-juring out to do."

BloodshotBaby
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by BloodshotBaby »

oh god, i hate that song SO MUCH. the driver of the bus i took to campus every morning listened to the top 40 station, and they played it every hour.

i can't believe that woman is a sex symbol. she's fugly as all get out!

GLONO Board Maniac

I began surfing through the CHR and AC stations compulsively so I could hear it over and over. "We'll be playmates and lovers and share our secret world." Spine tingling brilliance.

Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Maarten »

i'm amazed by this performance! really, her succes is one of the biggest modern mysteries, she's just so wonderfully odd.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by worpswede »

That was an unbelievable performance; the outfit, the material, the way she “worked” the crowd. Combine this with the pissed pants and it defies logic as to why she is even relevant. I love how they addressed the entire peeing fiasco with a long story arc of addiction (meth?! That’s more trailer than ghetto!), and am curious of how they will address this. Know your audience and, as it has been pointed out, take a look at what time it is. Her energy level is at a point on that clip where I wonder if she is still on meth, for christsakes.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by amighty »

Apparently, she performed the song WITH Heart on American Idol this season. I checked that out on YouTube, and strangely enough, it's a tamer performance. She sounds a lot better, only writhes on floor once or twice, and keeps the cartwheels to a more reasonable two. I guess she added it to her repertoire after that, and just kicks it up a notch for the morning crowd. I now think the funniest parts are when she's chanting "sock it to me" and bouncing up and down on her knees, and then at the end when she pretends to be conducting the band but misses the end cue, so to make up for it she rattles her booty.

Josh B.
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Josh B. »

amighty wrote:Apparently, she performed the song WITH Heart on American Idol this season. I checked that out on YouTube, and strangely enough, it's a tamer performance. She sounds a lot better, only writhes on floor once or twice, and keeps the cartwheels to a more reasonable two. I guess she added it to her repertoire after that, and just kicks it up a notch for the morning crowd. I now think the funniest parts are when she's chanting "sock it to me" and bouncing up and down on her knees, and then at the end when she pretends to be conducting the band but misses the end cue, so to make up for it she rattles her booty.
That's just a standard industry move. Ass shaking on my part saved many a Riviera show back in the day.

GLONO Board Maniac

Fergie is a big star with number one hits on the radio.
She has achieved immense solo success after being part of a group in both Wild Orchid and Black Eyed Peas. This is no easy task considering all the competition in the land of the divas. The broad has a pair of gams any real man would wanna lick for hours on end. Okay so maybe she's been spending a little to much time in the tanning booth lately working on her latino. And she does have some miles on her. But her songs and vocal style touch the hearts of many ladies in this land--white, black, latino even asian. So you people can all just suck it.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

"Fergalicious" is the jam. As is the song its beat comes from: "Supersonic" by JJ Fad:

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">