David Byrne is a Robot

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Chris G
Dotman

Post by Chris G »

I use to work with the wife of the former manager of the Talking Heads. Being close friends with Tina Weymouth, naturally David Byrne was not among their social company.
Joshua
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Joshua »

Chris G wrote:I use to work with the wife of the former manager of the Talking Heads. Being close friends with Tina Weymouth, naturally David Byrne was not among their social company.
HA! That's awesome.

Too bad for Byrne - Weymouth is good. And I don't just say that because I am automatically helplessly in love with girl bass players. Listen to 'Cities' - fucking fantastic bass part!
Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Tom4 »

I just met Mark Mothersbaugh about a week ago through a mutual friend (I sort of dig Devo, I'm more geeked on him as a composer). He's a very nice guy.

Also, I sat in front of Yogi Berra at a NY Giants game once.
Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Lep »

I'll play. I met Allen Toussaint in the Rodin museum.
worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by worpswede »

I ate dinner with Mike Watt.
creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by creepy »

WOW! How did that happen? Is he as awesome as I imagine him to be? Did he have his tour beard going? Did he ever use the expression "thunder broom"?
BloodshotBaby
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by BloodshotBaby »

Joshua wrote:
Too bad for Byrne - Weymouth is good. And I don't just say that because I am automatically helplessly in love with girl bass players. Listen to 'Cities' - fucking fantastic bass part!
I'm officially convinced that she's one of the greatest bass players of all time. Her lines are absolutely perfect.
DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy »

I can post up on this game; I called Ardent Studios in the '90s, asked to speak to Jody Stephens, told him I was planning to go to Memphis for a vacation during a given week, would I be able to take him out to lunch and talk Big Star? Not only did he say yes, he made it dinner, and for more than an hour and a half, I got to ask the drummer of one of my all-time favorite bands every single Big Star question I could think to ever ask him. Truly one of the nicest guys in rock music.
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

Me, I tried to score blow for Bob Seger.

Played Defender w/Aldo Nova.

Smoked weed w/Danny Joe Brown.

Also, got high with Stuart Whitman and went shopping with Stacy Keach.

Now all I need to do is have lunch with Fred Durst and my life will be complete.
grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Post by grounded5am »

watch out. fred may sleep with you, film it, and put it on his cell phone.