David Byrne is a Robot

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by worpswede »

creepy wrote:WOW! How did that happen? Is he as awesome as I imagine him to be? Did he have his tour beard going? Did he ever use the expression "thunder broom"?
Radio interview. He was cool...a little intense as this was just a few years after Boon died. Very scruffy. A sloppy eater. And he did refer to his instrument as a "broom." A full account of the event is found here.
shecky wrote:Me, I tried to score blow for Bob Seger.

Played Defender w/Aldo Nova.

Smoked weed w/Danny Joe Brown.

Also, got high with Stuart Whitman and went shopping with Stacy Keach.
This wins hands down. The thing with Aldo Nova is amazingly awesome. I did share a beer with Danny Joe Brown. He was very drunk and had trouble doing simple radio liners. "This is Danny Joe Brown from Molly Hatchet, and you're listening to Blake The Snake Davis on the River Cities' music leader" provided him with the most trouble. He was later busted while he and members of his road crew tried stealing all the coolers of beer from the backstage area at a music festival I was working at. I'll never forget this Southern rock monster, sleepishly trudging the coolers back to their rightful spot, shamefully looking like he knew he'd done something wrong.
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

worpswede wrote:A full account of the event is found here.
Great story!
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

worpswede wrote: This wins hands down. The thing with Aldo Nova is amazingly awesome. I did share a beer with Danny Joe Brown. He was very drunk and had trouble doing simple radio liners. "This is Danny Joe Brown from Molly Hatchet, and you're listening to Blake The Snake Davis on the River Cities' music leader" provided him with the most trouble. He was later busted while he and members of his road crew tried stealing all the coolers of beer from the backstage area at a music festival I was working at. I'll never forget this Southern rock monster, sleepishly trudging the coolers back to their rightful spot, shamefully looking like he knew he'd done something wrong.
Aldo was very cool. My buddy and I talked to him for a few minutes before we realized who he was, and he didn't make a big deal out of it. He was just like, "Yeah, I'm him." He was pretty good at Defender, too.

Danny Joe was already pretty wrecked by the time I wound up in his backstage bus. He barely said two words. It was kind of creepy. We all sat around this huge hookah taking hits, and nobody talked. Weird. But hey - free weed.
creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by creepy »

My only rock star run in was going to some friends' house and there was this guy "Dave" playing Sim City on the Super Nintendo. We hung out, smoked some weed and chatted for awhile before I realized that this was David Baker, formerly of Mercury Rev...
grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Post by grounded5am »

i've never met a rock star. do you semi rock stars count? if so, then i've met dennis drew of maniacs fame.