Someone please explain Bon Iver

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Little Timmy
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Little Timmy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:13 am

No way Tom, count me in for the Bon Iver fan club. I could give a shit about the cabin backstory, It's interesting, but he could have made this album while at a Furry convention and it wouldn't matter.

Actually, there is a funny story about that. Seems while Justin Vernon was up in that cabin in the North Woods of Wisconsin in the dead of winter, one of the locals came to pay him a visit.

This flannel- and camo-clad bear of a man approached Vernon: "Looks like we'll be neighbors. Thought I'd invite ya to a party goin' on tonight over by my place -- 'bout two miles. Better let ya know, though, there's gonna be some serious drinkin'."

Vernon thanked the woodsman for the invite, pointed to a three-foot pile of empty bottles of beer and snowshoe grog, and offered that he was ready to drink with the best of 'em.

Vernon's newfound friend: "Well, ya better know, there might be some fightin', too."

Vernon, a little agitated, replied, "Don't be fooled by the femmy way I sing. I played in some of the worst bars in Raleigh, North Carolina for a year before I moved back to Wisconsin. I can hold my own in a tough crowd."

The woodsman stroked his beard and muttered, "And if it's like most of my parties, after the drinkin' and fightin', there'll be some sex, that's fer damn sher."

Vernon, relieved: "After being out here for two months, I wouldn't mind that a bit. Say, what should I wear?"

Woodsman: "Ain't important. It's just gonna be you and me."
Last edited by Little Timmy on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Maarten » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:49 am

ooo exciting, fan fiction! please make it snow!

Little Timmy
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Little Timmy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:38 am

Maarten wrote:ooo exciting, fan fiction! please make it snow!

Let's see if Sven will play Snowman.

"Seems Justin Vernon was in this cabin up in the North Woods of Wisconsin, recording his latest album. . . ."

Return to “Rants and Raves”