American Idol 8

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:50 pm

I liked Junot who did "Hey There Delilah."But he was discriminated against because he is 26.. I think the plan this year is to go with young contestants and cater to a young female audience. You have the token latino and the token single mom whose boyfriend split. It's like they sat down and said, "Well the number of single moms and latinos is growing so rapidly we gotta get one of each in the top 12." There's no rocker to speak of--except for thw Jonas brother kid who does Bruce Dickinson meets the Backstreet Boys. And then there's The Greatest American Blind Hero who would've been crucified for doing the lame Hornsby song if he could see.
"Believe it or not I'm in the top 12 even though I can't fuckin see hee hee."
I'm hearing a lot of negative reaction to the contestants this year--especially with people over 30. Maybe that's calculated to weed out the geezer viewers who came on board over the last two years.... or maybe the two Simons and Ryan are spending too much time in LA and they think Ryan's radio audience on KIIS-FM represents all of America.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:24 am

Wasn't inspired by anybody enough to vote last night. I'm ready for the blind dude to go. He's boooooooooring. And Michael the roughneck is not that great. Either one of those dudes can go, and I'll be happy.

I can't believe that none of the judges have called Adam "Broadway" yet. They refer to "drama" but dude, come on. Andrew Lloyd Weber has him on speed dial. Or he should audition to be the new lead singer of the Darkness!

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:58 am

Last night's show was unwatchable. Plus, those country-themed shows always suck, because they expose modern country for the poorly-written and overly lyricised pop that it is. And the classics are never done justice.

Adam is very Broadway, and his "Ring of Fire" was totally weird, but on the strength of his "Black or White" I still think he's a front-runner.

Blind-guy, and guitar-guy both have to go. Megan - pretty, I like her husky voice, but her dance moves are distracting to the point of turn-off.

What do you think of the tiny blond-girl who did Aretha the first week and "Dirty Diana" last week? She and the troll-doll both have better voices than any of the men.

Lil Rounds - I thought she was an easy favorite, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:35 pm

amighty wrote:What do you think of the tiny blond-girl who did Aretha the first week and "Dirty Diana" last week? She and the troll-doll both have better voices than any of the men.

She's aiight. Nothing's blown me away yet. But the troll doll freaks me out. And I'm not actually crazy about her voice. It's a big, loud, "rock" voice but how many Melissa Etheridges do we need in this world?

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Jake wrote:She's aiight. Nothing's blown me away yet. But the troll doll freaks me out. And I'm not actually crazy about her voice. It's a big, loud, "rock" voice but how many Melissa Etheridges do we need in this world?

C'mon she's 16. And the way she handles herself is really cool, especially last night. She doesn't take herself or the show too seriously. Allison is my favorite.

By the way you all know there are pictures of Adam Lambert kissing another guy right?--not that there's anything wrong with that. But if he was not such a flamer this guy would have it all---Elvis looks, great stage presence, good height and a wild voice. I called him the Jonas brother at first but now I'm rooting for him. The blonde pixie thinks her shit is ice cream. The beefy Timberlake-a-like who is one-fourth black tries too hard to act black.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:07 am

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:The blonde pixie thinks her shit is ice cream.

And you can have any flavor you want...as long as its chocolate.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:35 am

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:
The blonde pixie thinks her shit is ice cream.

Oh well, there goes my pick for an early favorite. I'm not surprised they didn't "save" her, but I am surprised she is out so soon. Especially before the:

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:
The beefy Timberlake-a-like who is one-fourth black tries too hard to act black.

He just sucks. I don't get it.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:19 am

amighty wrote:He just sucks. I don't get it.

He's from Kalamazoo, so I'm rooting for him. Plus he does a good Ray Charles. What's not to like?

Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Maarten » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:33 pm

amighty wrote:
He just sucks. I don't get it.

which reminds me..
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wELI9YI6lcc&hl=nl&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed>

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:47 pm

Jake wrote:He's from Kalamazoo, so I'm rooting for him. Plus he does a good Ray Charles. What's not to like?

Wait a minute - we may be talking about different people. I'm talking about Michael from Wexas whose favorite female artist is Celine Dion. I thought it was unlikely that he was any part black, but I don't usually see color when I look at people.

Return to “Rants and Raves”