GloNo Beats Joke to Death

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Lurker01
Resident troll

Postby Lurker01 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:08 am

There's a difference between thin skin and having IP addresses of a company you contract for posted. I know you and I discussed it and you posted about how badly you felt about doing similar on your blog. You guys don't get new posters because you don't want new posters.
Get it?

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:34 am

Lurker01 wrote:There's a difference between thin skin and having IP addresses of a company you contract for posted. I know you and I discussed it and you posted about how badly you felt about doing similar on your blog. You guys don't get new posters because you don't want new posters.
Get it?

Fair enough; I'd forgotten that dark, awkward chapter of my past. Mea culpa; I'm truly sorry for hurting feelings for that. Can I give you a hug?

But I'd hope that we're not insular enough to actively or passively reject new posters. Shame on us if that's the case. We need to work on that.

Yes, I get it. But only when the wife doesn't have a headache.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:55 am

Lurker01 wrote:The haters (most of you) are all just waiting for someone to mention they don't regard as hip so they can pounce on it.

I'm searching and I can't find a single example of anybody "pouncing" on anybody for mentioning "something they don't regard as hip."

Except maybe grounded5am, but he clearly has horrible taste and on top of that constantly makes factual errors.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:04 pm

Oh, wait. I just remembered that Lurker01 is an admitted troll:

Lurker01 wrote:I came here, saw you had no troll, and decided to try and see how long you guys would take to figure it out.

Carry on.

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Charli » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Frankly, I'm positively boring these days what with raising two kids, job hunting and other domestic duties.

Plus I'm burnt out by all the new bands that come around these days, I think most of them are absolute crap and sound like every other band. There's nothing out there catching my fancy. Even some old favorites can't entice me anymore. I feel like all indie cred I used to have flew the coop.

Personally I'm on a 70's and 80's kick. Anything from the years I grew up seems to work for me these days. So yeah, add me to the nothing to add category. It sucks but it is true.

Lurker01
Resident troll

Postby Lurker01 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:24 pm

I knew it wouldn't take long for one of my two biggest fans to jump in and prove me right. All we need now is Todd to say something about Mariah Carey and the circle will close again.
Even if you guys said that what you posted above wasn't idle talk and I could be welcome back I think it will still be more fun to simply watch this site bleed out slowly.

Lurker out again.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Lurker01 wrote:I knew it wouldn't take long for one of my two biggest fans to jump in and prove me right. All we need now is Todd to say something about Mariah Carey and the circle will close again.
Even if you guys said that what you posted above wasn't idle talk and I could be welcome back I think it will still be more fun to simply watch this site bleed out slowly.

Lurker out again.

Alright, dammit, I'm gonna feed the alleged troll, because conventional wisdom tells me I shouldn't.

Dude, past is past, we welcome you back already dammit, bad attitude and all. What do you want, a ticker tape parade or something? With an attitude like that, you're part of the problem, not the solution. Tough times call for tough actions; collectively our country needs to restore its former passion for Rock and Roll, and we here at Glorious Noise need to do our part. Lurker01, it is your sacred duty to congregate here with a bunch of music snobs who you mistakenly think hate your guts, and it is your solemn duty to chime in with your two cents, whether or not it's snarky. We love you, we love music, this could be a wonderful relationship we could foster here. We want you to be part of our club! We want you to eat your lunch here at the nerds table with us, so we can discuss the messages written in the deadwax of an original Matador LP copy of Crooked Rain Crooked Rain. Together, you and us can restore a passion for Rock and Roll back to this tattered United States of America!! Together, we can single-handedly save the music industry from itself, re-imagine it as a better, more benign business model that doesn't anally rape true artists. And together, we can lift the world's economy out of its doldrums simply by having every last man, woman, and child buy a vinyl copy of the reissued Paul's Boutique; we cannot rest until it happens.

Lurker01, you are my new hero. You and you alone hold such immense power in your hands; please don't break my heart again by choosing not to be part of our world.

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:36 pm

DJMurphy wrote:And together, we can lift the world's economy out of its doldrums simply by having every last man, woman, and child buy a vinyl copy of the reissued Paul's Boutique; we cannot rest until it happens.

Your words Sir have stirred the very foundation of my flaccid soul... and produced an emotion that can best be described as nothing less than a total boner. God bless you. Providence shall see us through!

Rikki Lixx
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Rikki Lixx » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:16 pm

quasarwutwut wrote:flaccid

LMAO!!!
L8R

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:39 pm

DJ, I think you should run for office.

Return to “Rants and Raves”