GloNo Beats Joke to Death

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Jake wrote:I'm searching and I can't find a single example of anybody "pouncing" on anybody for mentioning "something they don't regard as hip."

Except maybe grounded5am, but he clearly has horrible taste and on top of that constantly makes factual errors.

I will admit to "pouncing" on grounded5am. To this day I am convinced that he's a shill for either a big music company or Bill Gates.

Come on! who the ffuck owns a Zune, anyway?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: GloNo Beats Joke to Death

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:58 pm

amighty wrote:Seriously, it was funny the first couple of times, and continues to be funny once in a while, but when the boards are all X Beats Y to Death, and it's like two weeks after X died, then it's a bit much.

This is a sign of our collective advanced age. My grandparents read the newspaper everday to see who died. We plug away on obscure bulletin boards while a younger generation gives up email and twitters themselves orgasmic!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:We plug away on obscure bulletin boards while a younger generation gives up email and twitters themselves orgasmic!

Ding ding ding.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:23 pm

Jake wrote:Ding ding ding.

Any chance you could enable signatures so I can use that line?

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:26 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote: twitters themselves orgasmic!

Really? They used to call those "personal massagers." Oh, and by the way, they've now officially moved on to twatters.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:39 pm

miss carol wrote:
Really? They used to call those "personal massagers." Oh, and by the way, they've now officially moved on to twatters.

When I was in High School, bringing a pager to school would result in a one week suspension. I had to do Trig and Calculus without a calculator (calculator watches were not allowed). All my music was on vinyl. Punk was NOT dead. I walked 5 miles each way, through the snow, to and from school. And we prepared animal hides with our teeth for use as both clothing and shelter.

My gawd how times have changed.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:42 pm

miss carol wrote:

Actually, come to think of it.... Back in the 80s I used to post on the Public Bulletin Board at community college. It was a cork board on the wall in the loby of the main building downtown. I would write political screeds on paper and pin them to the board. People would then write all over each others paper posts in angry reply.

This shit is too easy today. I can diss people from my Star Trek communicator phone.....while I listen to Wilco.....and check my stocks!
Last edited by Sugarcubes Forever on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:13 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:.....and check my stocks!

How are those working for you?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:19 pm

amighty wrote:
How are those working for you?

Not so well...
Kind of depressing, really
putting my retirement in stocks and bonds
has reminded me of what it felt like
when I bet on Beta
except WAAAAYYY worse
this time I don't even have superior picture quality to fall back on.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:21 pm

amighty wrote:How are those [stocks] working for you?

Ouch, all things considered that's a low blow...

My money is all sunk in limited edition CD versions of Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music; that stuff is only gonna get more valuable, baby!! I also have a copy of Taro Sound that I'm expecting will sextuple in value, once the members of QWW unleash their latest rock opera on the world.

Return to “Rants and Raves”