GloNo Beats Joke to Death

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: GloNo Beats Joke to Death

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:31 pm

DJMurphy wrote:Ouch, all things considered that's a low blow...

My money is all sunk in limited edition CD versions of Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music; that stuff is only gonna get more valuable, baby!! I also have a copy of Taro Sound that I'm expecting will sextuple in value, once the members of QWW unleash their latest rock opera on the world.

I'm hoping all those Sugarcubes box sets that I own will at least pay for my stint in the Old Folks Home. Although with the Icelandic economy in the shitter, I'm guessing that the Icelandic versions of all those singles are nolonger all that valuable.

I think Jake is betting his retirement on 15 copies of Sticky Fingers.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:I think Jake is betting his retirement on 15 copies of Sticky Fingers.

Yes, but ssh, don't tell him, that he's mistakenly collected the subpar mid-80s CBS/Columbia distro'd versions, not the Atlantic-era ones with the zipper. I once heard him mutter, "I'd buy this copy of Sticky Fingers, Murph, but goddamn it, there's a fuckin' ZIPPER on the front of it!! Can you believe that shit??"

Apparently, he used to have something like a hundred different thrift-store copies of Whipped Cream and Other Delights. Each worth... $0.50 apiece, right??

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:44 pm

DJMurphy wrote:Ouch, all things considered that's a low blow...

I wasn't so much rubbing it in as looking for someone who might share my pain.

I'm hoping old ticket stubs from shows from the 80's and 90's will get me through my later years. Either that, or my daughter will be going into showbiz after she ages out of the baby pageant circuit.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:50 pm

DJMurphy wrote:Yes, but ssh, don't tell him, that he's mistakenly collected the subpar mid-80s CBS/Columbia distro'd versions, not the Atlantic-era ones with the zipper.

I had a girlfriend back in the day who used to tell me she had an original copy of The Velvet Underground and Nico with an unpeeled banana, but she left it on the roof of the car when she moved and it blew away. i don't believe her, but I've been combing the woods and the gutters by her old place recently, just in case.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:I think Jake is betting his retirement on 15 copies of Sticky Fingers.

You mean Whipped Cream and Other Delights.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:08 pm

amighty wrote:I'm hoping old ticket stubs from shows from the 80's and 90's will get me through my later years. Either that, or my daughter will be going into showbiz after she ages out of the baby pageant circuit.

I've got a shoe box full of ticket stubs. Way too many of them are for Depeche Mode shows. Most of them have prices on them right around $10.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Jake wrote:You mean Whipped Cream and Other Delights.

Someday I'm going to get drunk at your Gold Coast condo and lick the Cool Whip off that album cover.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:50 pm

You guys are all fucking babies. Stop watching TV and say something...anything. I know a lot of you fuckers are updating your facebook status 20 times a day. Knock that shit off, we have iPhones to pay for.

I do thoroughly enjoy making stupid comments though, but that hardly adds to the impact of the site.

Wrong. Stupid comments make me a better person.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:20 pm

D. Phillips wrote:You guys are all fucking babies. Stop watching TV and say something...anything.

I still haven't figured out wtf Jake wants from this site in the first place.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:44 pm

jonas wrote:
I still haven't figured out wtf Jake wants from this site in the first place.

Jake wants to be Lester Bangs. I thought you all knew that.

Return to “Rants and Raves”