Where's the revolution?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:21 pm

This lady! She just won a gold medal in botany for the Biggest Sunflower!

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:23 pm

Chris G wrote:Whiners, all.

Man, there has never been a better time to be a music fan.

I have access to more music, old and new, than I would have ever been able to know existed. If you're not happy with the music you're hearing today, it's your fault for not finding it. You've never had it so good.

So are you saying that the posters are whiners because the music availability is the revolution, or are you just being dickish because you didn't catch the thread topic and decided to smack around some posters just for the hell of it?

O!
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby O! » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:07 pm

Chris G wrote:I have access to more music, old and new, than I would have ever been able to know existed. If you're not happy with the music you're hearing today, it's your fault for not finding it. You've never had it so good.

Sniff. Babble. Mutter. Sputter. Sniffle.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Music and how it relates to the debate between Chris G and Worpswede bears a resemblence to the movie "Braveheart." Chris G is like The King of England. Worpswede is like William Wallace,and I am like the dwarf who runs around with the intestines in the uncut version. But what do watching Braveheart all afternoon and music have in common?
THEY ARE BOTH A WASTE OF TIME!
To my knowledge Braveheart is not on tv this afternoon. I just got up from nap. I'm going to post one more thing and then go check to see if Bravehart is on. If it is that's going to be freakier than putting the goggles on and seeing that NancyPelosi is indeed an alien. You never see "Yhey Live" on TV anymore...coincidence or something more?

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:43 pm

Found this today on Al-Jazeera:

In the late 1990s, at the urging of religious leaders, several countries sought to ban the music altogether. There was a series of government crackdowns known as "Satanic Metal" drives.

"In Egypt in 1997 over 100 kids were arrested and a senior religious leader said they should be executed for apostasy if they don't repent," LeVine says. "Really serious stuff and this started spreading, to Lebanon, Iran."

The Lebanese band Oath To Vanquish has plenty of stories about their clashes with the authorities.

"We used to be arrested for having long hair, for walking differently, for wearing black for example, for listening to music in our CDs," Elias Abboud says.

"Army checkpoints and police checkpoints would probe us in the car for having certain tapes or bands and would questions us and arrest us on the grounds of listening to a list of names that was formed completely ad hoc."

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:Music and how it relates to the debate between Chris G and Worpswede bears a resemblence to the movie "Braveheart." Chris G is like The King of England. Worpswede is like William Wallace,and I am like the dwarf who runs around with the intestines in the uncut version. But what do watching Braveheart all afternoon and music have in common?
THEY ARE BOTH A WASTE OF TIME!

Braveheart is one of my ultimate "If it's on television-even if I own it or have seen it a million times-I must stop and watch it" movies of all time. Here are the other nine titles. In order.
9.) Point Break
8.) Ronin
7.) Pulp Fiction
6.) Coalminer's Daughter
5.) The Wrath of Kahn
4.) Smokey and the Bandit
3.) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
2.) The Dirty Dozen
1.) Roadhouse

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:01 am

I watched "Kramer v Kramer" last night.
"Je te déteste, toi aussi, petit merdeux" is not as funny as "I hate you too, you little shit."

GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:06 pm

[quote="worpswede"][/quote]

It gives me the willies that both Swayze movies-"Roadhouse" and Point Break" are on both our lists. But as Craig Finn would say, "I might have mentioned that before." Since our last discussion I've added a few....
Saving Private Ryan plus some IFC movies since they show the same films over and over....
Duane Hopwood--most guys with a wife and kids can see some of themselves in this character although someone hotter than Janeane Garafalo should have played the ex- wife
Gerry--a boring movie about two hikers lost in the desert but I'm compelled to watch even though I hate Matt Damon
Another one about two guys who invent a time machine but it's completely different and more realistic than any other time machine movie--sorry can't find the title

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:22 pm

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:Gerry--a boring movie about two hikers lost in the desert but I'm compelled to watch even though I hate Matt Damon

That was a pretty good movie, I thought, and I don't like most movies.

GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:02 pm

update on time machine movie....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primer_(film)

Return to “Rants and Raves”