High-Falutin' High Fidelity

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Alias
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Alias » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Chris G wrote: More on topic, I have an alright stereo. Nothing too fancy.

(FYI - We've had this thread before, actually.)

srsly, who owns a stereo anymore? next you're going to tell me to hire a band for my reception. get with the new century Chris, the 20th century is over for a reason.

All you need is the Sound Dock...it's perfect when you're taking a shower.

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Chris G wrote:(FYI - We've had this thread before, actually.)

You know, I had a feeling we would have, I just couldn't find it. Sorry about that.

As for Maxell vs Memorex, ah yes, thank you for the correction on that. Which one had the really brightly colored tapes, Memorex? They had like pastel colored shapes on them or something, so therefore I bought them. Everything sounds better when it looks like Miami.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Alias wrote:
srsly, who owns a stereo anymore? next you're going to tell me to hire a band for my reception. get with the new century Chris, the 20th century is over for a reason.

All you need is the Sound Dock...it's perfect when you're taking a shower.

i still like stereos. i think they're cool and give a very good sound. what the hell is a sound dock?

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:27 am

We also have a Klipsch iPod dock system.

LionIndex
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby LionIndex » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:24 am

My system is getting close to 10 years old, but was nice for me when I had just started working out of college. It's nothing really awesome, but I like it. I've got what was one of the better Sony receivers at the time, along with a 5-disc carousel that I got in while in college, hooked up to a better than middle-of-the-road Polk speakers. So basically, I've got one of the better systems Circuit City had to offer circa 1999.

My only fling with the super stereo world was when my old boss gave me a pair of Martin & Logan ESL 2s, but they didn't work.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:50 am

I have two systems, to be truthful: the "video" system, which has the Sony 5.1 surround sound with the Samsung DVDA/SACD combo player and hi-def TV.

The basement man-cave, however, has the classsic, beefy, super-'70s style audio soundsystem. Technics SL1200 M3d turntable. Super powerful Sansui tuner. Vintage cat-scratched tower speakers. Yeah baby.

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:26 am

DJMurphy wrote:Image

I have great respect for your man-cave.

stickman45
Cocksmith

Postby stickman45 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:24 pm

Wow, this thread took a turn.

Thanks, Quasar.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:01 pm

DJMurphy wrote:I have two systems, to be truthful: the "video" system, which has the Sony 5.1 surround sound with the Samsung DVDA/SACD combo player and hi-def TV.

The basement man-cave, however, has the classsic, beefy, super-'70s style audio soundsystem. Technics SL1200 M3d turntable. Super powerful Sansui tuner. Vintage cat-scratched tower speakers. Yeah baby.

What makes this super-awesome is the dual lava lamps. Because sometimes one just ain't enuff.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:What makes this super-awesome is the dual lava lamps. Because sometimes one just ain't enuff.

The way you end up with two lava lamps? Marry a chick who owns a lava lamp.

Return to “Rants and Raves”