Leftsetz vs Gene Simmons

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Leftsetz vs Gene Simmons

Postby Jake » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:49 pm

Funny stuff. Almost makes me like Gene Simmons... Almost.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:21 pm

More. They actually debated:

<embed src="http://services.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/1632714912" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=16513340001&playerId=1632714912&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:57 pm

As smart as Gene Simmons is I find it funny that he confuses "infer" and "imply." It's the grammar geek in me, I guess.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:14 pm

I saw this on blabbermouth, the replies are about 50/50, but I think Bob eeked out a win. Most metalheads understand that Gene's an asshole, and I like Bob flame on Gene's solo album of the same name. But facts are facts, Gene doesn't have a modern business model in the works and, to his point, why should he need one. If some Canadian offshoot of Universal is going to give him some money then of course Gene is going to take it. He probably has some names on his speed dial, but they all know his act. And they all know it's played out.
The real test will be this Down With Webster who apparently is the biggest unsigned act in Canada at the moment, but judging from their MySpace page, I'm hoping they remain unsigned. They're awful.
I always figured that Bob was kind of a plain looking guy, but damn, he could've dressed up for the gig, couldn't he? At he would get annoying to listen to after a while; Good thing its the Lefsetz Letter and not podcast.

BandyLou
GLONO Board Playa

Postby BandyLou » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:32 pm

Nobody can win an argument with Gene Simmons.

Many people don't want to be called "asshole," Gene likes it. Call him an egomaniac and he'll agree. Call him ugly and he'll point to the thousands of women he's fucked. Call him a has-been and he'll tell you that the KISS tour sold out Buenos Aires in 30 minutes. And he always has the "I'm Gene Simmons, who are you?" thing to fall back on... he's rich, he's famous, he's fucked thousands of women, and you're not, not, and haven't.

But he sure had to fall back on those things a lot during this debate. Plus the "your mother" thing. That's just stupid. If he's really "smart," (and I'm not sure that he is smart so much as he's publicly vocal that he's wealthy, successful, and therefore savvy and must be smart) then he probably wouldn't have to rely on those things so often.

Then again, he's Gene Simmons. Who am I?

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Belligerence is often mistaken for intelligence by the easily intimidated and easily impressed.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:35 pm

I encourage everyone to hear Gene vs Terry Gross on NPR's Fresh Air. For no real reason, he just unloads all of his moronic jive on her. She says little to warrant his wrath and it becomes an uncomfortable moment of Gene becoming intellectually impotent on the sole grounds that he's talking to an intelligent women. It's surreal in some places. Ms. Gross remains totally polite throughout it and it only burns Gene more.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Does everyone just flat out believe Gene's claim that he's slept with thousands of women? With his penchant for self-promotion I'm a bit skeptical. He's ugly and his act seems like it would be even be offensive to skanks. If skanks had a choice to fuck anyone else except maybe Lemme I think they'd choose someone else--even the drummer. I could see a woman like Shannon Tweed shacking up with him for the lifestyle. But what kind of beast would just fuck him at the hotel--even 30 years ago? If he paid 2-thousand whores then that doesn't count. And most of the chicks in the backstage photos look like whores who would only fuck Gene if they got paid.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:39 pm

I've seen recent footage-Gene claims it wasn't him-of a man who looks exactly like Gene having sex with a young blonde in a hotel room. Gene keeps his shirt on, fiddles on a condom and proceeds to have very uneventful sex with this woman. She seems very uninterested in him, possibly hinting that it's paid for, and refuses to kiss Gene dispite his repeated attempts at a few open mouth smooches. Every time I hear of Gene's bravado, I remind myself of this pathetic display from such a "ladies man."

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:09 pm

worpswede wrote:I encourage everyone to hear Gene vs Terry Gross on NPR's Fresh Air. For no real reason, he just unloads all of his moronic jive on her. She says little to warrant his wrath and it becomes an uncomfortable moment of Gene becoming intellectually impotent on the sole grounds that he's talking to an intelligent women. It's surreal in some places. Ms. Gross remains totally polite throughout it and it only burns Gene more.

He's just pissed because she wouldn't fuck him. Even for money. Ya gotta feel bad for the guy: he's rich, but kinda dumb; he says he's fucked a lot of women, but they were paid for; and he famous, but he still needs a crappy "reality" show to make money. And ask any kid on the street now who he is and they'll say, "Gene who?"

The once mighty with bad hair will fall...and far.

Return to “Rants and Raves”