Why'd you lock this thread...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2002 8:00 pm

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:55 am

Chris G wrote:You're embellishing the facts and dodging the circumstance when this took place.

During the 2004 election I had posted some disagreements with you about politics, and to retaliate you began modifying your PHP to strip out the "." at the end of my posts. So I switched to "," then you modified your PHP to strip out commas, etc. This went on and on, all through the 2004 election. Never mind that I voted for Kerry and even built a website supporting Kerry (though originally I was a Wesley Clark supporter), I wasn't radical enough for your liking.

Later, after the 2004 election season was over, I added a free banner-ad for Glo-No on my blog, and as some sort of thank you, about 2 days later you removed the PHP code from your blog.

On another board, I learned a trick to add more white space by turning a character to the color of the background so that it didn't leave any period or other characters at the end. I did that to my posts here for several years following.

But then last year during the 2008 election season I wrote in a post that I wouldn't want Canadian style medical coverage is the US. Although I voted for Obama, and I'm not a Republican, and never elaborated on what form of healthcare reform I did support, I became the whipping-boy for a whole barrage of attacks accusing me of supporting all kinds of things I'd never claimed to support. As a response to me you wrote a little manifesto on why you were a Socialist, and why you supported a Socialist state in the US. And ON THE VERY SAME DAY you changed your PHP code again, this time to strip out the BB code that I had been using to add extra white space without having a character at the end.

Nobody is allowed to disagree with your politics or you make personal attacks on them and do petty shit like amend the board's PHP code to screw up their posts. Several other people on this board (some who no longer come here) have AIM'ed me privately and spoke out about how they would never dare comment on politics on this board because they see how you and your clique will lead an all-out ad hominem assault on anyone who dares to disagree with you on anything political.


If the board moderator(s) don't want you creating white space on your posts, why the fuck do you keep screwing around?

I'd love to have a signature on all my posts, but it's not allowed and I'm not going to waste my time pissing off Jake by inserting huge obnoxious signature gifs and images because he doesn't want them on the boards.

It ain't no conspiracy, man. You're just acting like a dick.

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Jake » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:15 am

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:Let's ban the mother fucker!

Stalinist.

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:If you think we're a bunch of assholes, just leave.

I disagree. I value his input on the boards. I try very hard to keep the level of discourse civil, even during political arguments. When people start acting disrespectful, I try to step in sometimes. Other than that, I think I'm pretty fucking hands off. No?

Chris G wrote:As a response to me you wrote a little manifesto on why you were a Socialist, and why you supported a Socialist state in the US. And ON THE VERY SAME DAY you changed your PHP code again, this time to strip out the BB code that I had been using to add extra white space without having a character at the end.

I don't recall nor can I find any evidence of either of these things happening. I can't find any socialist manifesto written by me, and there haven't been any modifications to the phpbb code base since 5/21/2007, when I upgraded to phpBB 2.0.22 (which reminds me: 2.0.23 has been out for a year now...I probably should upgrade again).

But I very well might have gone in and manually erased the extraneous white space just to fuck with you, ha ha. I can't remember doing it though.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2002 8:00 pm

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Jake wrote:I don't recall nor can I find any evidence of either of these things happening. I can't find any socialist manifesto written by me, and there haven't been any modifications to the phpbb code base since 5/21/2007, when I upgraded to phpBB 2.0.22 (which reminds me: 2.0.23 has been out for a year now...I probably should upgrade again).

But I very well might have gone in and manually erased the extraneous white space just to fuck with you, ha ha. I can't remember doing it though.


Jake, don't lie.

I clearly remember a secret Party Meeting that very week at the old Weather Underground headquarters. I argued for sane heads and reason, but you wanted nothing short of the total control of the means of production. If my argument had carried the day and the votes gone my way, poor Chris "unabomber" G. wouldn't have had his rights infringed upon.

Instead he now has to type all that shit into every single post he makes, plus he has to wear a tinfoil under his bandanas and take the back way home from work to avoid the black helicopters that follow his every move. Just wait until he finds out that we put those tracking chips in all of do-rags.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG
Posts: 3118
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: West Michigan

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Jake wrote:I disagree. I value his input on the boards. I try very hard to keep the level of discourse civil, even during political arguments. When people start acting disrespectful, I try to step in sometimes. Other than that, I think I'm pretty fucking hands off. No?


You facist.

Personally, I too get a kick out of Chris now and then. But if you lock threads now and then, and fuck with his OCD posting style and he doesn't like it and starts calling us a clique...well, I don't know what else to say except leave.

I stick around because I like the site, I like the people, and I like the general milieu of the place. Dotman gave me the impression that he doesn't.

Or, maybe he's just a chronic belly-acher.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1616
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Just south of Stankonia

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:50 pm

I don't engage in much political debate here. But I haven't hidden the fact that I am a social and fiscal conservative. Rolling Stone has P.J. O'Rourke right? I'm no P.J. O'Rourke. Maybe I don't get much shit about it anymore because I'm "the lunatic." I advance the lefty cause of GloNo by making all conservatives look looney. But Jake has always been cordial to me in the small amount of private contact I've had with him. Yes I've contacted Jake's privates. Have I ever thought about abandoning this board because it's politcal agenda is out to destroy the American way of life? Sure. But I am a uniter not a divider. I think to get something out of this community you need a sense of humor. I'm not talking about making a mockery of things, as I sometimes do. There are smart people here.
A click? Not so sure. Shecky doesn't like me as much as he used to. Worpswede is a really smart and insightful guy but he's a timebomb. He could off on anyone. I think Chris should stay if he's getting something out of this board. If you post with the idea that "people are going to jump all over me for this because they are so stupid." Then they're going to smell blood and they are going to attack.

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Jake » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:52 pm

.
.


test


.
.

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Jake » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:53 pm

.



test



.

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Jake » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:53 pm






test





Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Jake » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:54 pm

test

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1336
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:34 am
Location: Lutèce

Postby Lep » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:09 pm



Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests