album/song impressions

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

album/song impressions

Postby grounded5am » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:00 am

got to thinking and wondered if knowing too much about a song and/or artist's personal life has changed the meaning of a song for you or how you look at it? are there songs albums that you have changed your impression over the years from what it might originally have been. something you may heard in high that you fondly remember but now years later have a different impression, memory, meaning, or opinion of it. i hadn't heard the innocence mission's umbrella for years and then a few years back i bought it again and i don't have the same impressions of feelings of it that i did when i did when it came out in high school. the same memories don't flooding back. instead they're are new ones.

Rikki Lixx
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Rikki Lixx » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:41 am

When I was a kid, I loved those Iron Eagle movies. I got the tape for Iron Eagle 2 and really liked that song by King Kobra. Then I heard that the lead singer for King Kobra became a chick. I can't listen to King Kobra anymore. It hurts too much!
LOL!
-L8R

BandyLou
GLONO Board Playa

Postby BandyLou » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:07 am

john lennon after reading cynthia's book.

Return to “Rants and Raves”