Now playing...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Fri May 15, 2009 11:22 am

"An Ugly Death" - Jay Reatard

This song has been stuck in my head for days.

sab
GLONO Team Member

Postby sab » Fri May 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Herbie Hancock - Watermelon Man

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Wed May 20, 2009 10:58 pm

tori amos - i'm not dying

her new album isn't bad, but it's not as good as under the pink. i don't really done anything that great since her early days. though this new album has some decent tracks. she's just getting too kooky for words. she lives in cornwall and records all her albums there. makes one wonder if it's caused her to go off the deep end even more.

thousandfold
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby thousandfold » Fri May 22, 2009 11:29 am

grounded5am wrote:tori amos - i'm not dying

her new album isn't bad, but it's not as good as under the pink. i don't really done anything that great since her early days. though this new album has some decent tracks. she's just getting too kooky for words. she lives in cornwall and records all her albums there. makes one wonder if it's caused her to go off the deep end even more.

I was thinking that too, too kooky for words! She lost me on To Venus and Back; I was pretty loyal up 'till then. So is this new one worth buying or no?

Oh, and currently playing: Elliott Smith - Abbey Road bootlegs

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri May 22, 2009 12:36 pm

thousandfold wrote:Oh, and currently playing: Elliott Smith - Abbey Road bootlegs

Wait, what?

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Fri May 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Yes, you can't drop a bomb like that and not explain. Whatchoo got?

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Sat May 23, 2009 11:08 am

thousandfold wrote:
I was thinking that too, too kooky for words! She lost me on To Venus and Back; I was pretty loyal up 'till then. So is this new one worth buying or no?

Oh, and currently playing: Elliott Smith - Abbey Road bootlegs

i'd say it's worth buying, but then i only paid $14 for the deluxe version which comes with a dvd. but i found something better. liz phair did a new song for banana republic called faith and tenderness. been playing it all week on the computer. playing it now. it's her best work since whitechocolatespaceegg. poppy, but more in the vein of her earlier work. but yes i do recommend getting the tori as well.

thousandfold
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby thousandfold » Sat May 23, 2009 1:36 pm

D. Phillips wrote:Yes, you can't drop a bomb like that and not explain. Whatchoo got?

I sent the Sweet Addy link to Jake; it's a boot with no new songs, just alternate versions.

sab
GLONO Team Member

Postby sab » Wed May 27, 2009 2:49 pm

Summerteeth

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Thu May 28, 2009 1:02 am

All the Jay Bennett I can download... man, why couldn't Vince Neil die or something? Or Gene Simmons? I'd cackle at the inevitable outpouring of grief for that one. Fucker takes care of himself, sadly; he's gonna probably live to be 115 or some ridiculous shit.

Return to “Rants and Raves”