Now playing...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

sab
GLONO Team Member

Postby sab » Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 am

DJMurphy wrote:All the Jay Bennett I can download... man, why couldn't Vince Neil die or something? Or Gene Simmons? I'd cackle at the inevitable outpouring of grief for that one. Fucker takes care of himself, sadly; he's gonna probably live to be 115 or some ridiculous shit.

C'mon. The world is clearly a better place with both Vince Neil and Gene Simmons in it. If we're going to wish death upon musicians, let's pick someone truly deserving, like Fred Durst or those fucking Jonas Brothers.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Thu May 28, 2009 9:56 am

sab wrote:C'mon. The world is clearly a better place with both Vince Neil and Gene Simmons in it. If we're going to wish death upon musicians, let's pick someone truly deserving, like Fred Durst or those fucking Jonas Brothers.

OK, I'll grant you that, that makes sense. I chose Vince Neil (because he's a dick and an easy target for this kind of hypothetical exercise), but Gene because a) his death would be a big deal and a shock, and b) there would be a legitimate mourning period from a significant portion of the population that even gives a fuck about music. What would be (and will be, mark my words) hilarious is if ever Kiss music is elevated to a status that it clearly isn't: art. Don't get me wrong; Kiss's music at times kicks ass. But even the dudes in Kiss stress that it's purely entertainment and showmanship; they have no illusions themselves that there's any art involved here. They tried art once, if I recall: Music From The Elder. So Gene got picked by me because he's such an unapologetic, shameless turd. But a wonderful showman along the lines of P.T. Barnum; I have this weird mixture of distate for the man and honest-to-God high respect for what he's accomplished.

But yeah, if Jonas Bros. or Fred Durst died of OD's, the mourning period would be intense, but brief. Kind of like their careers.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Thu May 28, 2009 7:56 pm

"Dueling Banjos" --I'm trying to get my dog pumped up to go out and kick the ass of the shepherd mix whose asshole owners let run amok throughout the neighborhhod.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Thu May 28, 2009 8:08 pm

"Neat Neat Neat" by the Damned. I'm on an old skool punkathon these days.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Thu May 28, 2009 8:45 pm

tori amos - abonormally attracted to sin

Return to “Rants and Raves”