Catherine Wheel?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Catherine Wheel?

Postby steve-o » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Yeah, I guess I've been here long enough that I can hype a band without looking like a street teamer, but I've been listening to this band non-stop for like the last three months and they're just incredible.

Anybody else into these guys? What a totally fucking criminally overlooked band. I would dare to say that Chrome is every bit as strong an album as Radiohead's The Bends.

If you haven't listened to them, do yourself a favor and look them up. And apparently you Chicago people are lucky enough to be able to see Rob Dickinson solo at Schuba's on the 21st.

I can't embed the link, but here's a taste of what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGqprbDoh4g

LionIndex
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby LionIndex » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:48 pm

Pandora introduced me to them quite a while ago, and I've liked some of the songs it's fed me better than others. Off Chrome fer instance, I got tired of "Strange Fruit" really quickly, but I could listen to "Nude" all day.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:09 am

i remember catherine wheel from way back in the day when they played all over 120 minutes. they are indeed good. and chrome is excellent. they are underrated very much so.

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:43 am

You channeling Yoda now?

Return to “Rants and Raves”