In the Mouth a Dessert

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

In the Mouth a Dessert

Postby Tom4 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:18 am

Really? No talk of the Pavement reunion here? Isn't Pavement one of those bands this board holds in almost unanimous reverie?

Anyway, I got four tickets to the fourth show in NYC. Anyone else going to any of the reunions?

Kristy
GLONO Team Member

Postby Kristy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:28 am

Whaaaaat? I just read a glimmer about this last night, but I haven't heard anything official. Give, Tom4!

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:29 am

Yeah, I'm totally out of the loop, this is the first I'm hearing of this. And I am Very intrigued. Tell us more!

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:47 pm

It's true. Pavement are reforming and they've announced dates in New York for September...2010.

Of particular interest to you, Kristy, is that the group has already confirmed four dates for September 2010 at NYC's Central Park SummerStage.

There's talk of a full-scale tour (nothing confirmed yet) with UK dates and maybe some festivals as well.

Sorry for the late reporting on this. I figured you all knew already since the Web has been ablaze with this shit.

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:45 pm

D. Phillips wrote:Sorry for the late reporting on this. I figured you all knew already since the Web has been ablaze with this shit.

Goddammit man, Glono IS my Web.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Yeah, I thought y'all would be totally down on this.

Well, I will likely have two tickets to the fourth show available. I'd rather sell them to a GloNo brother or sister than some fool on StubHub. If I do wind up having the tix I'll post something closer to the show.

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:58 pm

After the very expensive and somewhat disappointing Pixies reunion shows I attended, I'm anti-reunion.
(MBV don't count cuz they never broke up.)
I've seen Pavement twice, and got one good, and one great show. I'm gonna be happy with that.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Does Dinosaur Jr. count? They never really broke up either. I saw them about a month ago and they were awesome.

Pavement was a littleeeeee before my time. When they broke up I was 16, so I missed the boat (although I remember seeing the Gold Soundz and Range Life videos on MTV late night). It wasn't until I was in college that I began to discover them (so typical). My only live experiences with Pavement have been seeing Malkmus open for Radiohead and the concerts on the Slow Century dvd.

I'm excited to get the chance to see them for real, reunion or not.

Kristy
GLONO Team Member

Postby Kristy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:48 pm

I feel a bit ambivalent about it. It seems somewhat calculating since they made it clear they weren't enjoying playing together by the end, at all. Well, I guess Malkmus is the only one who made that really clear but I'm sure the other guys had their beefs too.

I saw them three times (once in Chicago, once in Grand Rapids, once in Detroit) and they were good, they're definitely good live. But, um, I don't know. In some ways I wonder what's the point. Would it have been fun to watch the Beatles do a reunion after everything we learned about their conflicts and unhappiness? Bands seem to have a shelf life.

Return to “Rants and Raves”