Who the fuck is this Glenn Beck idiot?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: West Michigan

Who the fuck is this Glenn Beck idiot?

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

I've never even heard of him but apparently he's the biggest thing since hip flasks and raccoon coats.

Is he really that popular? Is he a bigger douchebag than Limbaugh? And more importantly, am I really that far out of the loop that I seriously have no idea who he is?
D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 2898
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 7:00 pm

Post by D. Phillips »

All you need to know about Glenn Beck is right here.

The big question is Did Glenn Beck Rape and Murder a Girl in 1990?
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: West Michigan

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

But so, is he actually popular? Who listens to him? Why am I hearing about him all of a sudden-did he do something recently that has him all over the webs?
miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 4113
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:39 am
Location: Toronto

Post by miss carol »

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:But so, is he actually popular? Who listens to him? Why am I hearing about him all of a sudden-did he do something recently that has him all over the webs?
I heard he got raped and murdered by some guy in 1990.
D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 2898
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 7:00 pm

Post by D. Phillips »

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:But so, is he actually popular? Who listens to him? Why am I hearing about him all of a sudden-did he do something recently that has him all over the webs?
He is the Rush Limbaugh of this Democratic administration. American conservatives LOVE conspiracies and drama, Beck has that in spades. He's a former Top 40 Morning Zoo guy who went political talk in 2000. He maintains a lot of his morning zoo shock-jock nonsense, but now with a political bent. He cries a lot.

If you have a half-hour to kill, watch his Fox News show sometime. You won't believe what it's like and that it's on a mainstream news network. It's amazing even by Fox News standards.
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: West Michigan

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

D. Phillips wrote:
He is the Rush Limbaugh of this Democratic administration. American conservatives LOVE conspiracies and drama, Beck has that in spades. He's a former Top 40 Morning Zoo guy who went political talk in 2000. He maintains a lot of his morning zoo shock-jock nonsense, but now with a political bent. He cries a lot.

If you have a half-hour to kill, watch his Fox News show sometime. You won't believe what it's like and that it's on a mainstream news network. It's amazing even by Fox News standards.
I thought Limbaugh was still the Limbaugh of this administration. I'm so confused...

So is he any different than Limbaugh/O'Reilly/Coulter/etc.? God, the extremist right-wing pundit market has to be close to its maximum saturation point-how did this Johnny-come-lately carve out a place for himself at the feeding trough?
Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7331
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by Jake »

From what I've read, Beck is decidedly less "Republican" than Limbaugh, et al. More anti-government in general. Although I remember Limbaugh being like that back when Clinton was president. Maybe Limbaugh has lost credibility as an anti-government voice after eight years of kissing Bush's pampered ass.

Here's what Nate Silver thinks, and I trust that dude: Glenn Beck, Post-Modern Conservative
D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 2898
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 7:00 pm

Post by D. Phillips »

Jake wrote:From what I've read, Beck is decidedly less "Republican" than Limbaugh, et al. More anti-government in general. Although I remember Limbaugh being like that back when Clinton was president. Maybe Limbaugh has lost credibility as an anti-government voice after eight years of kissing Bush's pampered ass.

Here's what Nate Silver thinks, and I trust that dude: Glenn Beck, Post-Modern Conservative
I think Jake's right on this. Beck's current thing is to be anti-establishment and our current establishment is decidedly Democratic. That said, he's carried his fair share of Bush's water during that administration too. For example, he hailed the now-reviled TARP bailout as "absolutely necessary" if a little light.

As far as Limbaugh goes, he's definitely the biggest dick on the block with more listeners than beck by a good margin but Beck is the media darling; the one getting all the attention. that Rush Limbaugh is now considered tame by many on the right gives you an idea of how far off the cliff they've gone.
jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin
Posts: 927
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: GLONew England

Post by jonas »

He's hot stuff right now because he said some racist things and a bunch of sponsors pulled out. Also, he says crazy stuff with a great deal of emotion and conviction, which always sells. And finally, Glenn Beck refuses to deny that he raped and killed a girl in 1990.
Little Timmy
GLONO Board Mack Daddy
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:43 am
Location: Raleigh, NC

Post by Little Timmy »

Glenn Beck fits Mencken's definition of a demagogue to a "T," as "one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots." That being said, I still don't believe Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990. I do wish he would come forward and put this ugly story to rest.
Post Reply