Bob Marley and the Wailers

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

petertoshsghost

Bob Marley and the Wailers

Postby petertoshsghost » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Have you ever noticed that the names on the re-releases of all the old Wailers albums are sold under the name "Bob Marley and Wailers".It makes Pete and Bunny look like side players to Bob instead of co-equals in The Wailers

I've never understood why the old Wailers catalog is marketed like that. I mean, I understand, but it's unfortunate. In my opinion, recognizing that the Wailers were greater for the sum of their parts then just ‘The Bob Marley Show’ makes the band that much more compelling. It's like marketing the early Beatles records as "John Lennon and The Beatles"...

stickman45
Cocksmith

Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers

Postby stickman45 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:17 pm

petertoshsghost wrote:Have you ever noticed that the names on the re-releases of all the old Wailers albums are sold under the name "Bob Marley and Wailers".It makes Pete and Bunny look like side players to Bob instead of co-equals in The Wailers

I've never understood why the old Wailers catalog is marketed like that. I mean, I understand, but it's unfortunate. In my opinion, recognizing that the Wailers were greater for the sum of their parts then just ‘The Bob Marley Show’ makes the band that much more compelling. It's like marketing the early Beatles records as "John Lennon and The Beatles"...

Shouts "Sven!", shakes fist at sky...

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:47 am

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am

GloNo-- the music mecca with the built-in Halloween color scheme!!

Return to “Rants and Raves”