Liz album???

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:52 pm

Same thing here. I got a whiff of that new CD and wrote it off before my $14 made its way to the RIAA.

I'd still kiss her though.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:24 am

New interview with Liz. She admits she doesn't really know what she's talking about when it comes to file-sharing. I wonder why she agreed to talk about it on that show then...

It's a good interview. I still like her.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:26 am

Jake wrote:There are five bad songs on the album. There are also five pretty good songs and four great songs. Stay tuned for an upcoming article about Liz Phair 2003, The GLONO Edit. I've finished my tracklisting and am currently putting together the cover art...

Okay, it's been over seven years, but here it is:

1. Love, Hate •
2. H.W.C. ‡
3. My Bionic Eyes •
4. Jeremy Engle †
5. It’s Sweet †
6. Fine Again †
7. Friend of Mine †
8. Hurricane Cindy •
9. Insanity (iTunes exclusive)
10. Bouncer’s Conversation †
11. Take a Look †
12. Little Digger †
13. Firewalker •
14. Shallow Opportunities •
15. Good Love Never Dies ‡

• Produced by Liz Phair
† Produced by Michael Penn
‡ Produced by R. Walt Vincent

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Thanks Jake. This is a timely post since I just listened to funstyle on Spinner.

Oddly, despite the negative press, it still managed to be worse than I expected.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Holy crap. I started this thread 7 years ago!

This thread is classic GloNo boards. Filled with everything that's good and snarky about this forum. Complete with rapid fire dissing of Christgau.

Funny to think that 20,000 units didn't put her in the top 50 on the charts the week it came out. Do that today and you might crack the top 10!

It's also pathetic to note that only 7 years ago Liz didn't understand file sharing. It's no surprise that so many conventional record label types are so against file sharing. They don't understand their own fans, how those fans consume and interact with their music and what their fans want.

7 years later the later half of her career is still sucking, but I'd still kiss her anyway.

Return to “Rants and Raves”