American Idol Season 9

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Jake wrote:Aaron, Andrew, Katie, and Lee? but those others are equally atrocious. .

ahhhh ya got it all back asswards there chief. The smiley reggae version of the angry "Under My Thumb" and the cheesy stage slide put Tim over the top ...tough guy.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:17 pm

Don't get me wrong. His version of Under My Thumb was pretty much the worst thing I've ever heard in my life. But those other fuckers have had moments that rank right up (down?) there. I can't believe you're defending them all so adamantly!

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Jake wrote:Don't get me wrong. His version of Under My Thumb was pretty much the worst thing I've ever heard in my life. But those other fuckers have had moments that rank right up (down?) there. I can't believe you're defending them all so adamantly!

Not defending them at all sizzle chest. Never did. Worst top ten yet.
That was kind of my point. They are so bad and even the good one Crystal is not sexy or flamboyant. Not only bad but boring. Casey has the movie star looks, can play guitar and sing and he still finds a way to be boring. Therefore rather than abandon Idol I've chosen to root for Tim.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:45 am

So Tim sounded good this week and Big Mike got the least number of votes. I'm glad the judges invoked the "save" on him. Especially because that means that two suckas will be voted off next week and we no longer have to deal with the "sing for your life" baloney of the silly save rule.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu May 13, 2010 10:21 am

Final three: Crystal, Casey, and Lee. All "rockers" in the American Idol sense of the word. Crystal's the only one of the three with real pipes, but will she win? I hope so.

Man, this has been a crappy season of Idol...

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu May 20, 2010 11:50 am

Casey got the boot. I've already forgotten him. People are saying that Lee's gonna win, and he might -- you can never trust American voters -- but I think Crystal will still have a career. Especially if the Lilith Fair keeps going. It will be interesting (and, as always, depressing) to see how Clive Davis transforms her. Funny that this piece was one year ago today: Kara DioGuardi writes worst song EVER. I wonder what the "final song" will be this year...

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu May 27, 2010 11:22 am

So once again, the person with the best voice failed to win. Funny thing is, it doesn't even matter. At all.

I like that Lee is from Chicagoland. But the dude's got a mediocre (to lousy) voice and not a ton of personality. He makes Kris Allen seem exciting.

Now the only remaining thing to look forward to is to see how horrendously Clive Davis transforms Crystal Bowersox. I mean, dude signed Janis Joplin...so he should be able to figure out what to do with her. But will he? Probably not. He'll probably turn her into another generic girl singer. How's Diana DeGarmo doing these days?

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu May 27, 2010 3:00 pm

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:08 pm

I wasn't sure where else to put this excellent wrap-up of post AI success...and (cue sinister VH1 voice) failure.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:52 am

jonas wrote:I wasn't sure where else to put this excellent wrap-up of post AI success...and (cue sinister VH1 voice) failure.

Fascinating. Thanks for posting.

Return to “Rants and Raves”