American Idol Season 9

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:49 pm

I've brought up the subject of a west coast bias before because the east coast kids can't stay up as late to vote. I'm now told the show is not shown live as it happens on the west coast. It's shown later with start times of 7 and 8pm west coast time depending on the night. But if you go tto americanidol.com and look at the hometowns of the remaining contestants it seems fishy. There's a shitload of the remaining 16 from california, texas and colorado. And of the 8 voted off, most of them are from pennsylvania, florida, illinois and massachusetts. Hayleigh was the endorsed candidate of votefortheworst.com She was so bad even the worster votes and being from california couldn't keep her on the show.

GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:59 pm

Wow these numbers are more suspicious than I thought. Not only are there more contestants from the west but the numbers from the other regions are equally distributed and Identical before and after the eliminations.

TOP 24 TOP 16
west coast --9------------------------------7
east coast---5------------------------------3
south---------5-----------------------------3
midwest------5-----------------------------3

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Everybody's acting all shocked after last night's eliminations, but come on. Lilly was just alright and Katelyn was not good. I'll miss Todrick and Alex Lambert though. But not either of those girls. They weren't the absolute worst, but they certainly weren't worth getting all upset about.

People in the top 12 who need to get kicked off asap:
- Aaron Kelly
- Andrew Garcia

The only ones I really like at this point are Crystal Bowersox and Michael Lynche. I hope Crystal wins, and I'm probably going to start voting for her.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:25 pm

For me, the real story is the growing list of who wants to be the Simon replacement judge. Howard Stern, and now Steve Lillywhitehave made their intentions clear. I think Howard is just trying to mess with Sirius in a contract-renewal year.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Simon Cowell has recommended Noel Gallagher as a judge. I think that would craete the greatest television show in the history of the world. Can you even imagine? They'd need subtitles to translate his Manc gibberish into American English. It would be awesome.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Jake wrote:Simon Cowell has recommended Noel Gallagher as a judge. I think that would craete the greatest television show in the history of the world. Can you even imagine? They'd need subtitles to translate his Manc gibberish into American English. It would be awesome.

Brilliant. I mean it, I would actually start watching if they did this.

"That Noel man was mean. I wasn't halfway through my version of "Beautiful" before he threw a drink at me and started mumbling about 'utter shite.'" Hah!

GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:54 pm

Jake wrote:. Lilly was just alright I hope Crystal wins, and I'm probably going to start voting for her.

C'mon at least Linebacker Lilly could be counted on for something interesting, if at times irritating in a Jewel way. Krystal is for reals y'all but she is getting predictable. Not her song choice. But you're starting to know what to expect with the performances themselves. My favorite is Siobhan. When you look in her eyes its like someone else is driving.

As for Murphy's contention that Howard is just bluffing in negotiations with Sirius, they may not want him. It came down to the last day before Sirius declared bancruptcy before the satelite tv boys stepped in and saved their ass. I could see them going in a more frugal direction instead of paying one guy 20 million a year. Especially a guy who didn't drum up much publicity for 4 years until this Tiger Wood's mistress beauty pageant he's putting together. Interesting timing that we finally hear about a good Howard stunt in a contract year. Like Manny Ramirez dogging it and then hitting 50 home runs the year his contract is up.

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Charli » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Jake wrote:Everybody's acting all shocked after last night's eliminations, but come on. Lilly was just alright and Katelyn was not good. I'll miss Todrick and Alex Lambert though. But not either of those girls. They weren't the absolute worst, but they certainly weren't worth getting all upset about.

People in the top 12 who need to get kicked off asap:
- Aaron Kelly
- Andrew Garcia

The only ones I really like at this point are Crystal Bowersox and Michael Lynche. I hope Crystal wins, and I'm probably going to start voting for her.

I liked Lily at first but thought she murdered the Patsy Cline song and lost interest. I really liked Alex and in a season with lackluster men, thought he really stood out. And it's obvious many felt the same, some reports I've read from EW backstage stated that the commercial break after he was ousted was unreal, people were crying, and pretty much in shock that he was voted off.

I also read that after Paige got voted in over Katelyn Crystal was seen to be mouthing to someone "this is FUCKED UP". Apparently if you read lips and rewind you can catch it! haaaa I love it!

Oh and when the season started JB and I realized we recognized Crystal. Turns out about four years ago when he did set for Folk You she was on the bill as well. We were completely blown away by her that night, just loved her. So we're big fans right now. The show really sucks though beside her and Siobhan. The guys bore me.

Vanilla

Postby Vanilla » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Every time I see Michael Lynche I fudge my undies thinkin' 'bout the time Suge Knight hung me over the edge of that skyscraper by my heels. Word to yer mutha!

Father Flanagan

Postby Father Flanagan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:00 pm

That jezebel Keisha is on tonight. You dont wanna know what she told me in confession..and it wasn't with two white fellas either.

Return to “Rants and Raves”