100 reasons this is the best rock and roll photo ever taken
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:01 pm
©1970 & 2009 Pat Appleson Studios, Inc. - http://www.appleson.com All Rights Reserved, Used by Permission
Hey guys, I need your help coming up with the 100 reasons why this photo of the Bob Seger System (bigger version here) is the greatest photo in the world.
1. The bass player's mustache.
2. The drum set-up: six (count 'em!) kick drums.
3. Seger's pants.
4. The fact that Seger's guitar strap matches those pants.
5. The absolutely blissed out look on the drummer's face.
6. Are they playing on the top floor of a barn?
7. The custom paint job on Seeg's guitar.
7. That's the same guitar he played when he looked like this.
8. Drummer's wearing a dog collar.
9. That sheet covering the piano (or is it the PA?) has little pink flowers on it.
10. Seger's brown wifebeater.
11. Seriously, look at that drum concoction over the drummer's head. Have you ever seen anything like that? Even Tommy Lee never dreamed up anything as insane as that.
12. The bass player might actually be Lester Bangs. Or my dad. Wait a minute. Is Lester Bangs my dad?
13. There's black mold growing on the inside of those kick drums up front.
14. Or did they just not have enough gold spray paint to reach the back of those drums?
15. No, I'm pretty sure that's mold.
16. Where are the amps?
17. The drums aren't miked at all? You know why? They're playing upstairs in a tiny room.
Okay, your turn. Help me out. I'm pretty sure we can get to 100, or at least pretty close. Be sure to number your responses so we know how far we have to go...