Girls - Album

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Girls - Album

Postby Jake » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Opinions? I've seen this on a number of year-end lists. I listened to the snippets a while ago on emusic, but it didn't grab me. Any fans?

Ad
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Ad » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Eh.

I really liked the singles--"Hellohole Ratrace" and "Lust for Life" (not an Iggy Pop cover). The rest of the album is fine. Totally listenable and sort of catchy, but nothing else holds up to the two singles.

Erica C.
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Erica C. » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:35 pm

I hear them a lot when I'm cleaning the house listening to the Last FM channel. I think people are really digging it because of it's strong 50's sounding, fun beat appeal. It also sounds like he's singing a little far away from the mic on a lot of tracks, which alludes to the fact that his vocals aren't the important part. It seems like more of a sing-along...and everyone loves a sing-along!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:18 pm

After reading Todd's review, I downloaded the free songs and decided I really like "Lust for Life" and "Laura" is pretty good too. I like pop songs.

Return to “Rants and Raves”