Do we ever talk about movies here (TIFF detour)?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:28 pm

russ wrote:If you're in NYC or LA you can see the brilliant new Harry Nilsson doc.
I saw it the other day in NYC and that's why I can call it brilliant.
It was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoFpvG5fb-0

Now I'm jealous. Probably have to wait for it to come to IFC of Sundance.

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:57 am

jaimoe0 wrote:
Now I'm jealous. Probably have to wait for it to come to IFC of Sundance.

It's on dvd in October.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:Like i told a coworker the other day... If I did have a kid the last thing I would do is let them touch, own or consume anything that is remotely associated with the Disney corporation. Now, go enjoy your $6000 clusterf*@$ of a vacation in Orlando, Floriday.

My favorite part is old Ernie Hemingway over on the sideline scoping me out.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:05 am

That's awesome. We need more photos of people in their GLONO shirts. I should start a page...

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Jake wrote:That's awesome. We need more photos of people in their GLONO shirts. I should start a page...

Are people still wearing these? Just wondering...I'm quite fond of mine.

Meanwhile, back to movies: The Social Network, a movie I cared nothing about, is getting the most fantastic reviews of any movie I've ever seen. Seriously - every reviewer is giving it a maximum rating. So now maybe I'll see it.

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby russ » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:10 pm

jonas wrote:
Are people still wearing these? Just wondering...I'm quite fond of mine.

Meanwhile, back to movies: The Social Network, a movie I cared nothing about, is getting the most fantastic reviews of any movie I've ever seen. Seriously - every reviewer is giving it a maximum rating. So now maybe I'll see it.

I saw the Social Network today and thought it was great...but then I snuck into Let Me In and thought it was even greater.......and yes, I've seen Let The Right One In as well....

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:55 am

russ wrote:
I saw the Social Network today and thought it was great...but then I snuck into Let Me In and thought it was even greater.......and yes, I've seen Let The Right One In as well....

It looks like Let Me In is bombing at the box office. Guess I'd better see it in the next couple of weeks...

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:08 pm

I guess I fall into a hybrid position of acknowledging that there are still plenty of great movies coming out, but neither having the time nor attention span to devote a whole two hours to sitting there watching them.

That said, I did go see "The Expendables." It was about what you would expect. I would call my love of 80's action heroes a guilty pleasure, except I don't feel too guilty about it. Fuck you: Dolph Lundgren rules.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:13 pm

Sherlock Homes is sitting on my desk. Robert Downey Jr. had better put on a better performance than he did in that travesty Scanner Darkly.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:07 am

Watched Jaws last night for the first time since childhood when it scarred me for life. It's really good.

Return to “Rants and Raves”