Hey look! Somebody made a video for Quasar Wut-Wut!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Hey look! Somebody made a video for Quasar Wut-Wut!

Postby Jake » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Video: Quasar Wut Wut - "Oh My Dear"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DQYfmbGDK7U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DQYfmbGDK7U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looks like YouTube user Cumquatlounge uploaded it back in 2009! Very cool.

Of course you know that this song comes from the Glorious Noise Records release, Taro Sound, from 2004. And I'm sure you've all already purchased a copy. I mean, come on, right? You're our most loyal readers! Of course you supported us when we launched a record label! And we thank you for that support. We love you. We love you all very much.

If for some reason you missed out on Taro Sound over the past six years, you can get it now on CD Baby, eMusic, Amazon (MP3), iTunes, Insound, and Rhapsody.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:11 pm

One of my favorite QWW songs too. Nice.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Considering QWW's scoring of the Charlile Chaplin film The General (is my memory right?), this video is perfect. Haunting little string of events in the video, though appropriate for QWW's sometimes askew sensibilities (and that's a compliment).

So J-Frank, is there any QWW activity on the horizon? New releases? World tours? Dressing-room shenanigans involving tiny todgers and lots of cantaloupe?

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:05 pm

DJMurphy wrote:Considering QWW's scoring of the Charlile Chaplin film The General (is my memory right?), this video is perfect. Haunting little string of events in the video, though appropriate for QWW's sometimes askew sensibilities (and that's a compliment).

So J-Frank, is there any QWW activity on the horizon? New releases? World tours? Dressing-room shenanigans involving tiny todgers and lots of cantaloupe?

Thanks for caring my friend, most kind of you.
I have no idea who made that video, but that's really cool of them. I like it a lot. And yeah, it does complement The General really well. But by now you should know better than to ask me to give you an actual deadline or release date for anything as it would just be a filthy, filthy lie. I can, however, tell you these things:

1) we have not broken up, and still work on the album every week for approximately 3 hours (not a joke)
2) we are nearly done with tracking. for realz. I just did what we're optimistically calling the Last Guitar Track on Tuesday. Now we have to do vocals on most of the tracks. That's not as bad as it sounds.
3) then we have to mix everything. That Is as bad as it sounds.
4) My GUESS would be 6 months. I don't even like saying that.
5) The Good News: I'm really proud of it. I think it's as strong as "Taro Sound" or better. I think Matt really pushed himself and I'm really, really impressed with his songs and his guitar playing. His singing is absolute crap, but man can he play guitar!
6) The Additional Good News: The fabled "General" DVD has been done for almost a year now. Done except for packaging. That part got stalled and then we kind of keep forgetting about it. The plan now is to release it at the same time as the album. It's pretty good though; I like it. I hope other people will get what we were going for with it. I need to cut it up and put it all up on YouTube too.
7) Speaking of YouTube, we're in the process of redoing our website. It should be cleaner, easier to navigate, and will have everything on it available for download (free or pay-what-you-want kind of a deal). That part I'm looking forward to; we're so past the point of trying to make any money on this stuff that I just want to get it up so people can hear it if they want to.
8) The Bad News: we lost our drummer this year in a horrible tragedy: he moved to Philly. So there's that. The remaining three of us get to spend so little time together that we've decided to not even deal with a new drummer until the album is Done. Then we'll tackle the beast of finding a replacement for Doug. Fucking Philly.
9) Meanwhile, our archnemeseses Riviera have put out an album, broke up, moved across the country, reformed, and will probably have a boxed set out before we decide what to call the new album.

That is all I've got. If anything changes in the next two years I'll let you know. :)

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:39 pm

One thing with the Quasar Wut Wut juggernaut is that you guys make it easy to keep up with developments... by drawing them out over many years. Seriously, with the pace of everything else in the world today, I totally appreciate that.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:48 pm

9) Meanwhile, our archnemeseses Riviera have put out an album, broke up, moved across the country, reformed, and will probably have a boxed set out before we decide what to call the new album.

What can I say? Daddy makes it rain, baby.

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:56 am

D. Phillips wrote:Daddy makes it rain, baby.

Oh man, that is just what I needed. Denise has really been pressuring for a third child, so from now on when she starts getting some fancy ideas I'm just going to picture you saying that and it'll kill the mood like RAID on ants.

The only thing I can think of creepier than you saying that is Jake saying that.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:13 am

quasarwutwut wrote:The only thing I can think of creepier than you saying that is Jake saying that.

Shirtless and sporting a moustache?

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Jake wrote:Shirtless and sporting a moustache?

Not only did that give me a vagina, but I now I don't believe in Santa Claus or Unicorns either.

Return to “Rants and Raves”