Hot dog

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Hot dog

Postby amighty » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Im in town, where do I go for the best authentic Chicago dig?

UPDATE: ate the crap out of some Portillo's dogs.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Superdawg at Milwaukee and Devon is the finest Chicago dog in the world. Enjoy it and thank me later.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:08 pm

Then hit the Wiener's Circle for the abuse you deserve.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Please Please Please start arguing about who has the best dogs in Chicago. I want to see that fight. I'll chime in once it starts, even though I know I'll get clobbered.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:17 am

Never learned to like the classic Chicago dog with all those dayglow pickles and peppers and shit. Give me a Yesterdog anyday.

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:00 am

all good choices, but none compare to Hot Doug's. Duck fat fries, amazing meats.... horrendous wait in line. But so, so very worth it.

www.hotdougs.com

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Jake wrote:Never learned to like the classic Chicago dog with all those dayglow pickles and peppers and shit. Give me a Yesterdog anyday.

Ditto...or a Coney.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Are you shitting me? Throw some shredded cheddar on the traditional Coney of dog, chili, onions and YELLOW mustard, you have one of those perfect foods that rates with cheesesteaks, pizza and the maple bar-bacon sammich. Holler if you want the recipe on that last one.

As to the debate about best dogs in Chicago, I am utterly ignorant having never been to Chicago. If you are in the South Bay, though, just go to Happy Hound in Los Gatos.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:19 am

I didn't make it to any of those places - just Portillo's and Mustard's Last Stand, I was stuck in the Evanston area. Coming back for Thanksgiving though, so I'll be heading in to the Weiner Circle and Superdawg then. BTW, try the chocolate cake at Portillo's, it was incredible.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm

jaimoe0 wrote:Are you shitting me? Throw some shredded cheddar on the traditional Coney of dog, chili, onions and YELLOW mustard, you have one of those perfect foods that rates with cheesesteaks, pizza and the maple bar-bacon sammich. Holler if you want the recipe on that last one.

As to the debate about best dogs in Chicago, I am utterly ignorant having never been to Chicago. If you are in the South Bay, though, just go to Happy Hound in Los Gatos.

I'm saying I would take a Coney or a Yesterdog over a traditional Chicago dog any day of the week. Detroit-area Coneys are da bomb.

Return to “Rants and Raves”