Phone Wars...need help

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Phone Wars...need help

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 am

I'm approaching the end of 2 years of mobile phone servitude with AT$T. My family plan has netted them $5000 in the past two years. Not a bad way to bleed my household, really. Those shiny iPhones are like a drug. Ya gots ta have em, no matter the sacrifice!

I'm looking at going back to Verizon and getting away from the iPhone. Probably move to a Droid X. My fingers are fat and stubby and I've never been able to get used to the tiny keypad on the iPhone. Also, since loading OS 4.0 my iPhone 3G is a POS. Slow as hell. (yeah, I know OS 4.2 is supposed to fix that but my contract is up and I'm not waiting around for it) Steve Jobs just lost me because of the type of OS updates that drove me away from Windows. Plus, I have a permanent headache from staring at the tiny tiny iPhone screen. It's killing me.

Anyway, I'm looking for impressions from people who are using Droid phones right now. Specifically, your impressions of the touchscreen, speed, ease of use and syncing with iTunes.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:08 pm

My brother, and like 15 of my friends (nah, I'm exaggerating, I don't have 15 friends!) have the Motorola Droid 2 and absolutely love them. The only real complaint is that they're kind of big. But unlike an iphone, you can actually change your own battery, beat the crap out of them and they still work, and any data you put on there doesn't fall down the Apple black hole never to return.

I've played with them multiple times. Ease of use and speed are about like the iphone, which means real easy. If you can work your way through an iphone, you can handle a Droid 2 just fine. The HTC Droid Incredible is a good option too, if the size of the Motorola Droids are a problem for you. I would totally get one if I wasn't fairly happy with my Blackberry.

Rikki Lixx
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Rikki Lixx » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:07 pm

I've got one of verizone's Motorola Star-Tac phones that I've had for about eight years. It has the vibrate feature and you can change ring tones on it. Sometimes I have to switch it to the B band to get a signal, but the roaming charges aren't that bad.
L8R sweetcheeks!
LOL!

Return to “Rants and Raves”