Rock band exterminator

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:13 pm

DJMurphy wrote:I would spare the Talking Heads branch if only to keep the Stop Making Sense movie and CD. Wonderful...

OK, well what if we change the rule so that when we lop of the branch, we get to keep the stump of the originator. That way, we could chop off Nirvana's branch and get to keep Nirvana, but we wouldn't have Creed, et al. That should make it easier: good bands that influenced bad bands...

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Jake wrote:You guys really think that ICP, Nickelback, and Jimmy Buffet have been influential? I can't name any bands that they've influenced, but maybe I just don't know.

Who caused Nickelback? That's the question. Nirvana? You willing to lose those four (or five) albums to prevent all the terrible music that followed in those footsteps?

Who caused ICP?

I agree, Jake. I think you have to make the painful cut or no cut at all. To eradicate Nickelback you will need to obliterate Pearl Jam. To get rid of Bush, you'll have kill Cobain way before he did it himself.

I would like to propose an amendment that would also eliminate the fans ONLY of the horrible bands that disapper (but not fans of the "root" band). That will vastly increase my propensity to pull the hangman's lever on some of the bands I like.

Who do I have to kill to be rid of all the people with BNL or DMB stickers on their minivans?

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:24 pm

"Who do I have to kill to be rid of all the people with BNL or DMB stickers on their minivans?"

I would guess all the people with BNL or DMB stickers on their minivans.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Jake wrote:You guys really think that ICP, Nickelback, and Jimmy Buffet have been influential? I can't name any bands that they've influenced, but maybe I just don't know.

Who caused Nickelback? That's the question. Nirvana? You willing to lose those four (or five) albums to prevent all the terrible music that followed in those footsteps?

Who caused ICP?

Fine. Then I vote the Eagles.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:Who do I have to kill to be rid of all the people with BNL stickers on their minivans?

The Housemartins. I'll miss them a little, god bless 'em, but it's worth it.

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:Who do I have to kill to be rid of all the people with DMB stickers on their minivans?

This one's tough. He claims The Beatles, but I smell Paul Simon instead, and I say so long, Paul.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:16 pm

jonas wrote:The Housemartins. I'll miss them a little, god bless 'em, but it's worth it.

That makes no fucking sense.

I'm going to have to fight you.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Who do I eliminate to get rid of all the terrible emo? Do I really have to take out the amazing Rites of Spring?

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Nickleback were the lovechild of Canadian Content regs and Creed. They go.

Barenaked Ladies were caused by the Beatles. They stay.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:24 am

Wow. Remember people: 'With great power'...

The problem here is that crappy bands are inspired by good ones. Are there any groups inspired by Korn? No. Will there ever be? No.

Having said that, I would happily lop off the branch that gave birth to nu metal, consequences be damned.

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:08 am

steve-o wrote:
Fine. Then I vote the Eagles.

Here we go again...

Return to “Rants and Raves”