Rock band exterminator

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:17 am

For security reasons I can't divulge why this will work, but trust me when I say that most of your problems will be solved if you eliminated this man:
Yes, that's Billy Powell, late keyboardist for Lynyrd Skynyrd. Just trust me on this.

Be careful though- If you eliminate Billy Powell AND the man pictured below you will accidentally destroy ALL of today's music:

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:27 pm

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:Having said that, I would happily lop off the branch that gave birth to nu metal, consequences be damned.

Was that an accidental side effect of The Smashing Pumpkins? Or did I miss an intervening link?

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:33 pm

I'm pretty sure we would lose nu metal as long as we chopped off the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Timber!

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I still stand by my choice of I.C.P.. They're perfect because they have no root and no legacy. They exist in a place separate from art and culture. They're the alpha and omega of shittiness...

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Jake wrote:I'm pretty sure we would lose nu metal as long as we chopped off the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Timber!

I'm fine with that chop with or without losing nu metal.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:39 am

DJMurphy wrote:Was that an accidental side effect of The Smashing Pumpkins? Or did I miss an intervening link?

Well, we could debate the origins for weeks. Pumpkins? Peppers? INXS? Might have to go all the way back to Zeppelin - who knows?

Either way, I say chop!

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:16 am

quasarwutwut wrote:For security reasons I can't divulge why this will work

It's something to do with hair, isn't it?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:30 pm

creepy wrote:I still stand by my choice of I.C.P.. They're perfect because they have no root and no legacy. They exist in a place separate from art and culture. They're the alpha and omega of shittiness...

They are a fucking miracle!

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:
That makes no fucking sense.

I'm going to have to fight you.

I'll swallow you whole and shit out 8-tracks. You do not want to fuck with me.

And killing off the Housemartins also eliminates Fatboy Slim. We're good with that, yeah?

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:54 pm

creepy wrote:I still stand by my choice of I.C.P.. They're perfect because they have no root and no legacy. They exist in a place separate from art and culture. They're the alpha and omega of shittiness...

And lose all the high-quality entertainment? Next thing you're going to tell me, you DON'T want Sarah Palin for the Republican ticket in 2012!

Return to “Rants and Raves”