Wait...my iPod does what?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Wait...my iPod does what?

Postby jonas » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:11 pm

I suck at reading manuals, otherwise I might have known about this. I was listening to All Delighted People today when I accidentally hit that middle button while trying to adjust the volume. No big deal, I just cycled through the options like I always do...except this time at the end of the cycle, song lyrics popped up. Wait...what? Lyrics?

Okay, so according to the manual, I can add lyrics to all my songs just by pasting them into "track info" on iTunes. But the weird part is, I didn't do that for my new friend Sufjan...somehow they came along with the EP I downloaded from that site somebody (Jake?) linked.

I've checked a bunch of other albums, and so far I haven't found another one that came with lyrics...which seems crazy, because that seems like something obvious at least some of them might want to include.

Technology, man. Always surprising me.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:42 am

I downlaoded a shareware app a while ago that could go out and add album art and/or lyrics to songs. I think it was called iArt. But I am surprised more artists (or iTunes) don't do this automatically for you.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: Wait...my iPod does what?

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:17 pm

jonas wrote:I suck at reading manuals, otherwise I might have known about this. I was listening to All Delighted People today when I accidentally hit that middle button while trying to adjust the volume.

What middle button? Above the volume on the touch screen the middle button is "Play/Pause." The external volume control is either up or down, no middle button.

Are you using a Zune?

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:
What middle button? Above the volume on the touch screen the middle button is "Play/Pause." The external volume control is either up or down, no middle button.

Touch screen? What the heck are you talking about? The button in middle! THE BUTTON IN THE MIDDLE!!

Are you using a Zune?

&$^#&%^!! No. And I'm not listening to Edie Brickell either.

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:19 am

jonas wrote:And I'm not listening to Edie Brickell either.

I miss that guy.

Rikki Lixx
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Rikki Lixx » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:09 pm

quasarwutwut wrote:I miss that guy.

Edie Brickell is a dude?
Hope Simon Garfunkel knows!
RMFLOLASS!
-L8R

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:43 am

Oh GloNo Board, somedays you just ease the pain...

Return to “Rants and Raves”