Do I need OU812 and F.U.C.K.?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

sab
GLONO Team Member

Re: Do I need OU812 and F.U.C.K.?

Postby sab » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:32 am

Jon Anderson is what's currently derailing My Vinyl Solution. Clearly, if I am going to keep this up, I cannot possibly listen to everything in chronological order. I have four Jon Anderson albums sitting there staring at me and I've managed to listen to the first side of each one. Perhaps I should just put them all into one two-word post ("For Sale") before I list them in the classifieds section of the Hoffman forums.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:41 am

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:37 am

Too funny about Jon Anderson. Let me guess: 3 Ships, In The City Of Angels, and which other two? I still remember when you eviscerated John Entwistle's solo album, and ended the article with, "Here it is on eBay, if anyone wants to buy it."

sab
GLONO Team Member

Postby sab » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:54 am

I don't even know which albums they were because they're gone now. I'm moving on to something listenable, like Aerosmith.

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Did anyone happen to catch VH's stint on Jimmy Kimmel (or was it Fallon?) I saw one of the nights and it was embarrassingly bad. Diamond Dave sounded like he couldn't hear the band or himself singing.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Thing is, Diamond Dave has always been a crap shoot vocally on stage-even during the younger days. He's a ringleader, a hype man, the dude that's there with a light of your smoke and a tap for your keg. I've heard the pre-mix Tokyo Dome recordings and it's awful. While I have no interest in hearing the final released product, I can't believe that there's enough studio trickery to fend off Dave's shortcomings. His voice has absolutely deteriorated, but I've grown tired of reading comments (not yours) of people who think this is something of a new problem. And I'm thoroughly tired of Sammy Hagar running his mouth about Dave's abilities. Sammy is a sour grapes shitmouth who hasn't produced a required record since the first Montrose album and his own local talent-a nail screeching wail that is woefully lacking in range and emotion-is just as questionable as Dave's.
But yeah, the shit on Kimmel was pathetic.
Full disclosure: I just got word that my tickets to see Van Halen in Chicago this summer have printed and are on their way. I couldn't be more stoked.

Return to “Rants and Raves”