GloNo Recs That Still Get Heavy Rotation

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Re: GloNo Recs That Still Get Heavy Rotation

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:15 pm

worpswede wrote:I still listen to Bennett era Wilco just felt the need to qualify this. It's the post YHF output that hasn't stood up on repeated listenings for me and I used to be a bit more tolerant of the band. I can't believe that Tweedy views his most recent work as anything comperable with that era of the band. I wonder how that feels. And it's a shame that we won't be able to test the theory.
True story: I heard a few tracks off of the father/son Tweedy project and enjoyed what I heard. I went to a record store and was amazed that they were charging $20 for the band's debut album. I moved on. They also played at a small theatre in the area with ticket prices again seeming to be a bit high, particularly for a band with only one long player of material. I moved on from that too.
I often look back on my love of rock and roll and think, "Why did I stop following this band?" after spending so many years under their spell. With Wilco/Jeff Tweedy, the fade-away has been pretty clearly documented.

I made a playlist of all the Wilco/Tweedy songs post-YHF I like. It's called The Art of Almost Being Wilco. Most of it is the acoustic stuff, which means I am probably an old man now.

Return to “Rants and Raves”