Indie Rock Prom

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu May 02, 2002 10:34 am

I am not a goon but I will probably be at the Rainbow tonight to cover the Indie Rock Prom for GLONO. Anyone else up for it? I promise to save a couples only skate for you.

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Thu May 02, 2002 11:22 am

even me phil? that would be the icing on the cake. you'd make me such a happy boy. of course, in my twisted world, we'd have to have a couples only skate while "i've had the time of my life" from the dirty dancing soundtrack was playing. sigh.

remember... nobody puts baby in a corner!

Joshua
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Joshua » Thu May 02, 2002 11:42 am

But the guys with their boss skates slung over their shoulders were the goons. You just had the good sense to snap out of it, eventually.

And if anyone's doing a couples skate with Derek, it's me. Too bad I'll miss the event - tell us all about it after.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Thu May 02, 2002 1:14 pm

I was always ticked because the skate places here wouldn't let me wear my Sears brand skates that strapped on over my sneakers. I always had to rent skates, which stunk and looked gay.

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Thu May 02, 2002 1:31 pm

One time I was the champion at the limbo, and won a mismatched pair of one neon green and one neon orange jumbo shoe laces.

Without a doubt, I laced those suckers up and tried to woo the young Tiffany away from my arch nemesis Stuart Hannah during the mega-smash hit Kokomo.

Return to “Rants and Raves”