jayhawks cinco de mayo concert - xrt block party

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Fri May 03, 2002 11:59 am

i'm sure most people probably already know about this, but i wanted to post it as a reminder and to see if there is any interest in getting some glono people to meet up.

http://www.wxrt.com/cinco.html

madness
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby madness » Fri May 03, 2002 1:15 pm

I was considering going Saturday. Sounds like fun, but that place is going to be packed elbow to elbow. Ugh.

helen
GLONO Board Playa

Postby helen » Fri May 03, 2002 3:54 pm

That sounds like fun! Is it free? I would be up for it. Maybe I can rope Erin into it.

Postby Guest » Fri May 03, 2002 4:57 pm

to tell the truth, i can't tell if it's free or not. given some of the other xrt open air concerts, i'd assume it is. but then again, i remember going to see the flaiming lips last year and having to shell out a few bucks. either way, it's bound to be an entertaining evening. you can't go wrong with the jayhawks.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon May 06, 2002 6:04 pm

So did anyone go?

sab
GLONO Team Member

Postby sab » Tue May 07, 2002 9:33 am

Sorry, I spent my Cinco de Mayo sitting in Mexicantown in Detroit drinking Corona by the gallon getting a (worse) sunburn.

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Tue May 07, 2002 10:50 am

i shuffled on out there after work and came across the worst possible venues for any band to play in. between and unruly after work crowd, horrible sound, the series of lines one would have to navigate through to procure a drink, and the general atmosphere... i was very let down. is that to say the jayhawks didn't put on a good show? not necessarily. though, they could barely be heard above the buzz of inane chatter that rose from the crowd. i actually felt sad for them having to put up with such a poor situation and such an unrelenting self-absorbsion from the people amassed there. cleary it was one of the worst concerts i've ever been to, though no fault to the jayhawks.

Postby Guest » Tue May 07, 2002 11:59 am

Ditto....after suffering through Poi Dog Pondering, (I thought Jayhawks were supposed to come on at 7:30) I lasted about 4 songs and couldn't deal with it and left. There seemed to be a concerted effort to have conversation louder than the band.

On 2002-05-07 10:50, vitas wrote:
i shuffled on out there after work and came across the worst possible venues for any band to play in. between and unruly after work crowd, horrible sound, the series of lines one would have to navigate through to procure a drink, and the general atmosphere... i was very let down. is that to say the jayhawks didn't put on a good show? not necessarily. though, they could barely be heard above the buzz of inane chatter that rose from the crowd. i actually felt sad for them having to put up with such a poor situation and such an unrelenting self-absorbsion from the people amassed there. cleary it was one of the worst concerts i've ever been to, though no fault to the jayhawks.

madness
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby madness » Tue May 07, 2002 2:17 pm

"Unrelenting self-absorbsion".....

this is becoming so prevalent with Chicago crowds lately, and is, sadly, why I chose not to go to this show, though I so wanted to. I'm afraid the 94.7FM outdoor thing with B.R.M.C. (May 31st) is going to suffer the same fate. :(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: madness on 2002-05-07 14:17 ]</font>

Return to “Rants and Raves”